My Own Kind of Beautiful: Runningforme82 Post Log

Runningforme82

Well here I am, Day 48. My Whole30 was very successful and I still need to document that and write my success story! To sum it up, I feel so great I want to continue with the Whole30 guidelines. I know that I will deviate from it slightly here and there and I'm hoping to use this log to help keep me in check. If someone notices I'm way off track or headed off track, by all means, call me out on it ;) I need you guys just as much as I need healthy fats ;)

So here I go, learning to "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful." A quote that has really captured my attention and I have frequently thought back on through out my Whole30. I don't want to be a number (on a scale), I want to be a happy, healthy & strong wife and mommy.

Day 47 (was yesterday)

Breakfast

Egg Fritatta with mayo

Lunch

Chicken Thigh "taco" salad with avocado and salsa

Dinner

Was running late getting ready for work so didn't get to pack my dinner. The only thing I could think of that would be a "decent" choice to eat was Chipolte. So....grabbed a Baobaco (no clue how to spell that) salad with mild salsa and guacamole. I remember reading somewhere that meat had soybean oil in it, and I was ok with that b/c I haven't introduced anything new so I would be able to tell if I have any issues with it. So far so good and hopefully it's minimal enough that it won't bother me. Nor will I let it be an every day ingredient in my food.

Apple

Earlier in the day I had coffee with coconut milk x2 and in the evening had tea.

Be back later tonight to log my food from today.

If interested, here is my Whole30 log

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/2214-runningforme82-whole-30-log/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your quote! I'm definitely going to post that somewhere in my house. How much more motivating and encouraging is it to your spirit to commit to "be your own kind of beautiful" rather than "eat x number of carbs per day".

Living a whole life is awesome, body, spirit and soul! Congrats on finishing your whole 30 and being happy with your results:)

Living a whole life is awesome, body, spirit and soul! Congrats on finishing your whole 30 and being happy with your results:)

Your comment reminds me of something I said about a year ago when I began a weight loss program. I said "I want to be Healthy - Mind, Body and Soul!" I've been on my journey for a year with a lot of ups and downs and direction changes, but each month I get closer to that goal. It's been one of my mantras for the last year and one that keeps bringing me back to doing the healthiest things for myself.

Good luck on YOUR journey Runningforme82!

Thank you both! Love having a good quote that really resonates!

Day 49

Breakfast

Egg frittata with mayo

Pumpkin Paleo "pancake" trying to get family more on board with all this

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch

Pork ribs with pineapple and broccoli

Finished daughters apple at snack time

Post WOD

Was dinner time so ate more dinner

Dinner

Mushroom onion crockpot roast over zucchini noodles

Later in night felt hungry and stressed, remember grabbing grapes, carrots and probably tablespoon of almond butter. What the heck?! Shook it off and realized I needed to get out of kitchen and go relax! Grabbed some hot tea and went to watch tv with hubby and flip through recipe books.

Today will be better!

Danielle, good for you not only making positive changes for yourself but for your family too. I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when I can teach my kids things that it took me years and years to learn myself. And you connected the stress and eating in your head and then made a better choice, something you might not have done Pre whole30. Just keep swimming:)

Jhmomi I'm sure looking back on the past year you see some great changes as a whole picture. The progress we make and how we measure that now sometimes still astounds me....and how much I don't miss my old ways is crazy! Congrats on spending the last year purposefully moving towards your goals.

"Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful."- That really made me smile this morning. I have a husband, and 6 kids who have always tried to make me feel like I was the most beautiful thing ever. My parents,too,always accepted me how I was, and truly loved me. My siblings,too.

How'd I manage to feel so crummy about myself for so long ? What wasted time !

The more I take control of my own behavior (be it eating, exercising, the importance of my faith, how I treat others,etc) the more beautiful I hope to feel. It's a long process- the thought of REALLY feeling that way about myself is definitely reason to smile :D

Thanks for that today !!

"Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful."- That really made me smile this morning. I have a husband, and 6 kids who have always tried to make me feel like I was the most beautiful thing ever. My parents,too,always accepted me how I was, and truly loved me. My siblings,too. How'd I manage to feel so crummy about myself for so long ? What wasted time ! The more I take control of my own behavior (be it eating, exercising, the importance of my faith, how I treat others,etc) the more beautiful I hope to feel. It's a long process- the thought of REALLY feeling that way about myself is definitely reason to smile :D Thanks for that today !!

Bridget, I'm so glad I was able to make you smile today. It is also a battle for me to really believe in MY true beauty and to be my own kind of beautiful. Something that has also been a "light buld moment" for me is that I really want my daughter to grow up believing in HER OWN beauty (what ever that looks like), but part of her being able to do that is ME modeling it for her by believing in MY own beauty and being MY OWN kind of beautiful. So much easier said then done....baby steps...baby steps ;) Feel like I'm making progress by being able to control myself better with cravings and food choices and not weigh myself every morning before I get dressed.

Anyways, sending beautiful hugs your way ;)

Day 50!!! 50!! Wow, so awesome!

Post WOD

Egg Frittata

Breakfast

Small sweet potato with pork sausage, blueberries and coconut milk

Coffee with coconut milk and vanilla extract

Lunch

Spaghetti meatball bites that my daughter and I made. She liked the squash out of the bowl in the kitchen while we were assembling but then didn't like it all put together. She did however eat 4 meatballs!! This was huge for her as she is not a meat eater! So proud of her!

http://paleomg.com/s...meatball-bites/

Snack

4 baby carrots and 2 strawberries. Made daughters snack and ate some of my own. This was stupid because I was not hungry! Geesh! Really have to learn how to not do this.

Coffee with coconut milk and vanilla extract

Dinner

I'm at work, boo! Left over Mushroom and onion pot roast with big side of broccoli and an apple.

Vanilla Rooibos Tea

I've started to get a hankering for chocolate....eeek...and all this pumpkin stuff I'm seeing around. Fall has always been my favorite season and I LOVE fall flavors and smells. Deep breath........lol

Bridget, I'm so glad I was able to make you smile today. It is also a battle for me to really believe in MY true beauty and to be my own kind of beautiful. Something that has also been a "light buld moment" for me is that I really want my daughter to grow up believing in HER OWN beauty (what ever that looks like), but part of her being able to do that is ME modeling it for her by believing in MY own beauty and being MY OWN kind of beautiful. So much easier said then done....baby steps...baby steps ;) Feel like I'm making progress by being able to control myself better with cravings and food choices and not weigh myself every morning before I get dressed.

Anyways, sending beautiful hugs your way ;)

My friend tells her little girl "your beauty comes your heart & your mind" and I love that idea.

Id rather have a beautiful spirit than a beautiful face.

And you know, you created that special little person! That's some kind of beautifully awesome huh?

Do you have Well Fed? There is a great recipe for cocoa roasted cauliflower that might help your chocolate hankering. Let me know if you want it, I am happy to share

I do have that book and LOVE it!! I've made that recipe 1x, but it's been a while, might just be the time to make it again! Thanks for the suggestion!

It is also a battle for me to really believe in MY true beauty and to be my own kind of beautiful. Something that has also been a "light buld moment" for me is that I really want my daughter to grow up believing in HER OWN beauty (what ever that looks like), but part of her being able to do that is ME modeling it for her by believing in MY own beauty and being MY OWN kind of beautiful. So much easier said then done....baby steps...baby steps ;)

Wow I can REALLY REALLY relate to this! I have never been happy with myself. Just bad body image issues. Who knows why? Who cares why? Never thought I looked good. Some days felt ok, but most days I was so critical of myself regardless of what I weighed or what size I was. Been working to develop a really healthy lifestyle for a year now. So many things have helped me along the way. My light bulb moment last fall was deciding that MY HEALTH needed to be just as much of a priority as the HEALTH OF MY CHILDREN. I would do anything for my children to be healthy. Sign them up for sports, buy good foods, make them eat their veggies, but I didn't hold myself to the same standard. WTH? How twisted is that? I started with a personal trainer in February and felt so guilty for spending the money. Then I sat one day watching two of my children in a taekwondo class and thought - "Wow, I wouldn't think twice about spending money on THEIR sports activities. Why should I feel guilty about spending some money on MINE?" The more I eat healthy and exercise and make time for myself, the happier I get. And somewhere along the way I finally stopped worrying about the damn scale!!! Now I am more concerned with simply eating healthy foods and achieving fitness goals. My body is changing for the better simply because I am living a healthy lifestyle. The scale means nothing. And now I can honestly say, I like my body RIGHT NOW. I am 45 and I have stretch marks and still have some stubborn cellulite and a little loose skin, but I am also strong and fit and in probably the best overall shape of my life. I am proud of all the changes I have made, and look forward to the inevitable changes that will come with time. :)

Keep up the good work! Your daughter will have an excellent role model to follow! I can already see changes in my children since I have become more healthy. They embrace healthy foods a bit more, have learned to like all sorts of new foods, and they are proud of their fitness accomplishments. Just for kicks my daughter will do burpees at home or practice pushups with my pushup bars. She can do over 40. She is 7. :)

Have an awesome day!

Jhmomi

Thanks for sharing your story! It's amazing how we tend to have such a twisted thought process on our image (so many things are to blame for this). I'm so glad it has all clicked for you and your seeing changes/progress both physically AND mentally!! Very cool!

The other day my daughter was in the living room, ran to the kitchen to tell me she needed her shoes to exercise, I was like ok lol. Next thing I know she was doing moves from the "at home WOD" she saw me do the day before!! Lol hilarious and made me feel AWESOME!!

Enjoy your day ;)

Day 51

I'll write this now to help keep my dang fingers out of the almond butter!! Argh! Had 2 bites go that crap tonight! And a few cashews! Lord help me!!

Moving on.....

Breakfast

Egg frittata with mayo

3 small bites pumpkin pancake (daughter was eating them)

Coffee with coconut milk

Started feeling really crummy, like I was going to get a migraine and throw up. Had that feeling that I drank too much coffee (not the caffeine but literally like my body was over the coffee). Maybe I'm really not a coffee drinker, and I should be ok with that!

decided to have an apple, only thing that sounded like it might "soak up" the coffee, after all can't really eat a bowl of Mac n cheese!

Stomach was upset most of afternoon but never did throw up, thankfully!

Lunch

Leftover spaghetti squash & meatballs with sauce

Dinner

Applegate chicken & apple breakfast sausage. Now I realize this stuff has less than 2% honey in it, however, I found Applegate locally and wanted to try it, have something on hand that was quick.

Baby carrots & few grapes.

And as noted above some almond butter & cashews

Day 52

Breakfast

Egg frittata with mayo

Coffee w/coconut milk and vanilla extract

Lunch

Kale and sausage soup.....yummy!!

Snack while running errands as I was hungry....starbucks almonds & earl grey tea

Dinner time:

Drumroll please.....My daughter and I made pork & apple burgers with sweet potato fries. For the first time she helped me make burger patties with her bare hands! She had a blast making her own patties! She claimed 3 that she thought she would eat! Ha! She also got her hands dirty making the fries! For the "bun" of these burgers we used apple slices! She ate a WHOLE burger! Without batting an eye! Now it was a small one but she ate it all!! Didn't eat as any fries as I thought but a few. She will eat a sweet potato plain any day though so I'm fine with her not eating them as seasoned fries.

So about those burgers....I ate 4 of them!! 2 with the apple bun and 2 small ones with lettuce. Now this was more than I would normally eat I think, but they were good and I might have been celebrating a little that Brynley ate her burger! Emotional eating ;). I also had sweet potato fries and couple chunks of pineapple.

I call this day a success!

Day 53

Breakfast

Kale & sausage soup

Applegate breakfast sausage

Coffee w/coconut milk & vanilla extract

Lunch

Shrimp stir fry

Blueberries

Snack

Trying to get Brynley to like almond butter so ate "ants on a log" with her. Dang those raisins are way too sweet for me!!

Dinner

Pecan crusted chicken

Beet, bacon salad with onion and the beet greens

Had few taste test bites of a crock pot meal I made for myself for later....some curry chicken thing. It's good :)

Day 54

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with spinach and tomato, topped with half avocado

Coffee w/coconut milk and vanilla extract

Lunch

2 Applegate Chicken and Apple sausage (not the breakfast ones)

Kale, olive oil, lemon and apple salad (almost a whole apple)

Snack, about 2pm I felt like I was going to eat my arm off. Not sure why, but guessing PMS as "that" started later in the day (sorry boys ;) Small portion of left over pecan chicken from last night.

Coffee w/coconut milk & vanilla extract

Dinner

Curry Chicken with cauliflower rice...seriously tasted so good. Love that I love my food these days!

Frozen berries with coconut milk

Archived