Curry Chicken with cauliflower rice

Left over Kale salad with half peach cut up on it

Snack

Grabbed a few blueberries

Dinner

Left over Kale and sausage soup

Left over Char sui as I knew the sausage in the soup wouldn't be enough

Left over Beet/Bacon salad

Looking forward to a fresh meal tomorrow :)

Remembered 1 dose of Fish Oil today! Hopefully when I get home from work I'll remember the other!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 56

Post WOD/Breakfast

Applegate chicken and apple sausage with spaghetti squash

Few blueberries

Coffee w/coconut milk

Was hungry hungry a little later and had half Larabar. Ummm....yuck! Way toooooo sweet! Not having one of those anytime soon again!

Green tea mints, then found out ingredients aren't good, so bummer there!

More coffee....

Lunch

Acorn squash with garlic onion beef stew

Frozen berries with coconut milk

Apple for snack with daughter

Dinner

Basil mushroom chicken, mashed cauliflower, few berries.

Prepped some other food so had a few taste test bites. Managed to grab some cashews this evening too :(

Fish oil 1x so far. Hopefully I remember the other before bed.

Day 57

Post WOD

Chicken cabbage salad (from Everyday Paleo, one of her two books, can't remember)

Coffee w/coconut milk, vanilla extract

Breakfast

Egg Fritatta w/mayo

Coffee w/coconut milk, vanilla extract

Lunch

Garlic onion beef with acorn squash

Apple and few cashews with daughter

Dinner

Chicken cabbage salad over kale

Berries w/coconut milk

Day 58

Breakfast

Egg frittata

3 mini apple muffins (made mainly for daughter alternative to boxed cereal!) I ate 2 more than I told myself I would have, disappointed there but trying to be kind to myself. Have had a migraine for 2 days, those muffins were good and not too sweet!

Coffee w/ coconut milk, vanilla

Lunch

Chicken cabbage salad over kale

Berries

Made trail mix for daughter, had few small pieces of it

Dinner

Meatloaf

Butternut squash "pudding"

"some good cabbage" from Everyday Paleo

Few berries

Looked at a muffin but walked away without tears!!!

Day 58

Breakfast

Egg frittata

3 mini apple muffins (made mainly for daughter alternative to boxed cereal!) I ate 2 more than I told myself I would have, disappointed there but trying to be kind to myself. Have had a migraine for 2 days, those muffins were good and not too sweet!

Yes. Be kind to yourself. You don't have to be PERFECT to be healthy. :)

Day 59 (yesterday. Let's see how much I actually remember)

Breakfast

Egg frittata w/mayo

Coffee w/coconut milk

Mini apple muffin

Lunch

Lettuce veggie mix from buffet where we met hubby for lunch then when we got home had leftover meatloaf and cabbage

Snack

Bugs in a boat with daughter

Dinner

Leftover meatloaf, cabbage, butternut squash "pudding"

I'm sure I managed to munch on something "else" from the edible/heathy list but don't remember what.

Day 60

Breakfast

Egg frittata

Made a banana coconut milk smoothie to go along with daughters eggs, so had about 3/4 cup of that. She didn't even drink that much. :( hit and miss with her

Few bites apple & coffee

Lunch

Chipotle carnitas salad and unsweetened tea

Dinner

Baked chicken wings (made with kerrygold butter per recipe), carrot fries, homemade ranch

Made pumpkin pie almonds & pecans that do have honey in them. Huge mistake, probably ate 3/4 cup of them. Asked hubby to hide the rest from me when I go take a shower :( I vow to not make those again unless there is a holiday party or something to take them to. Wonder if I could use something else in them instead of honey? Maybe melted coconut oil. Disappointed that I have little will power with these.

Tomorrow is our scheduled annual trip to the pumpkin patch where I decided 2 weeks ago I would allow myself a great there, now I'm feeling like I don't deserve it. Ugh....this is hard

Day 61 tomorrow, over all I'm very proud of myself

Day 61

Breakfast

Egg Fritatta with mayo

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch - I opted to eat leftovers on the way to the pumpkin patch so that I could continue to feel good about the treat I would be having at the pumpkin patch :) So for lunch I had leftover meatloaf, cabbage w/bacon, and homemade ketchup.

Pumpkin Patch Time - food should not be a reward or a form of punishment. I had to remind myself of this b/c yesterday as I was beating myself up for the almonds I was thinking I should not have my "treat" at the pumpkin patch that I have been planning for at least 2 weeks. I realized if I did that then I would be using the pumpkin patch treat as a reward/punishment and that is simply ridiculous. So...I had my Pumpkin Doughnut and Pumpkin Coffee, black. Pumpkin Doughnut was great, moist and wonderful. Pumpkin Coffee was ok. Didn't seem all that Pumpkin-ish to me so I drank about half of it and threw the other half away since I figure it has artificial flavorings in it. We usually make 2 trips per season to the pumpkin patch and if we go again, I know I will enjoy a piece of the mini pumpkin cheesecake. I LOVE pumpkin cheesecake and did not see it until we had already paid for my pumpkin doughnut. The "old" me would have circled back around and got in line for the cheesecake right then and there, but I didn't. I decided that if we go again to the pumpkin patch that I will have the mini pumpkin cheesecake then. So now I'm pretty certain I'll be going there a 2nd time this year! HA!

Dinner

Pumpkin Chili with avocado cream

Frozen berries with coconut milk

Iced Passion Tea that I have been nursing all night while here at work!

Day 62

Breakfast

Egg Fritatta w/Mayo

Paleo Pancake (I'm about to give up on pancake recipes for daughter. Hubby set me back over the weekend by cooking her Hungry Jack pancakes, so now she's back to "I only like Daddy's pancakes!")

Coffee

One small pinch of trail mix

Lunch

Zucchini noodles with chicken. Told my daughter these were "Halloween Green Monster Noodles" and she ate some of them!! Nice!

Rest of my morning coffee

Dinner

Pumpkin Chili with Avocado cream

Frozen berries with coconut milk.

Late night at work, Chiropractor suggested I get in a protien shake to help with repair. I opted for chicken thighs and a little homemade ranch. I'm not sure how I feel about this because I wasn't really hungry when I ate it. Maybe I should have waited another hour or so.

Neck is killing me tonight.

I'm getting pumped for our trip to downtown Chicago this weekend. Having fun looking up good places to eat that I won't have to feel too terribly guilty about :)

I'm rambling... ;)

Day 63

Breakfast

Egg zucchini noodles

Couple bites pancake (no syrup)

Coffee black

Lunch

Chili with avocado cream

Kiwi

Snack

Some trail mix

Dinner

Apple pork burgers

Sweet potato fries with adobo sauce

Pumpkin pie almonds and pecans.....damn those things! Probably ate 3/4 cup of them!

Day 64

Breakfast

Egg, apple, chicken/apple sausage scramble

side of cabbage sauted in coconut oil

Coffee

Had a taste of Organic/nothing added Apple Cider at Fresh Market. Maybe 1/3 cup. It was good, little too sweet.

Lunch

Chili w/avocado cream

Snack, little bit of trail mix, not much

Coffee

Dinner

Can tuna, grape tomatoes, avocado, kale

few frozen berries w/coconut milk

9pm

2 hard boiled eggs for repair since working late and WOD'ing early

Wow....I've been MIA for 4 days! Yikes and yeah...I need slapped! I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Day 65 - don't remember my log but it was all good stuff.

Day 66 - All good except....had to bake for a Paleo Bake Sale at my Crossfit Gym and well....taste tested too many cookies. Then found my hand in that damn Pumpkin almond jar! Ahhh...glad they are gone!!

Day 67 - Did Barbells for Boobs Amazing Grace WOD at the gym, bake sale (had a homemade Lara Bar someone else made), Burger from some burger joint with out the bun. Added lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles to it. Hubby and I headed to Chicago for our weekend away. I didn't make very good choices (I had bought and planned on taking canned tuna, etc with me but we were running really behing on packing that I had to leave without it). I think I really went through the "What the hell" effect that is talked about around Day 15 of Whole30. We went to an amazing resturant in Downtown Chicago where I was able to make some really good choices. www.girlandthegoat.com I didn't drill the waitress on specifics of ingredients as it was a special occasion and I knew ahead of time I wanted to enjoy the food. Hubby and I then walked a bit and went to Sprinkles Cupcakes. I knew ahead of time that I was going to go here and get a cupcake. I ended up getting 2. Ate one right then, saved the other. We did some more walking down Michigan Ave, and hubby suggested we go to Dick's Last Resort so he could enjoy a couple of beers. I agreed and the whole time we were walking there I'm having a debate in my head about whether I would have a drink with him or not. He enjoys it when I have a beer/drink or two with him, it's not often that I do, so I decided I would have a couple beers. Of course there weren't "good" choices on the menu that I could see. Long story short, I had a really great time with hubby, we sat outside, enjoyed a couple of beers....and.....wings!!! Ugh!!!! What was I thinking????!!!!! I mean, really??? Yep, downed 6 of those bad boys! They were good too ;)

Day 68, today, not much better than yesterday! We were doing the Color Run downtown Chicago and had to be down there at early. First I had that leftover cupcake from last night....yummy!! lol... Then I grabbed a banana at the race. After the race I grabbed a tea from Starbucks, stomach is in knots from the overload of nuts from the last couple of days and then the crap food I ate yesterday. I knew it was coming but geesh! Offroading is NOT worth it! Let me repeat Offroading is NOT worth it. So then (and this I think is where the WTH effect came in) we had to get something for lunch on our drive home. We stopped at a chain resturant and I had Korean Steak Tacos, they were served on corn tortillas (2 on each, I at 1 on each). I'm sure they had some kind of soy sauce mixed in there somewhere. Picked up our daughter from grandpas and she had made me cookies. Had 2 of those! Then...had to go to work for the night, which is where I sit now writing this, pretty sure there is a bolder sitting in my stomach! Had Chipolte for dinner, which is fine, and an apple.

So ready for tomorrow, a new day, a fresh start. I'm trying really hard NOT to beat myself up emotionally over the last couple of days. I have been creating and serving a lot of new food at home, I kind of felt like I needed to let it go a bit for the sake of the trip with hubby. But, I know I could have not had 2 cupcakes, maybe just 1. Could have not ate so many nut/cookie type items, and could have not eaten any corn tortillas on my steak tacos.

It'll be interesting to see how many days it takes my body to recover.

If anyone feels the need to send me a virtual slap, I'll understand ;)

Day 69

Today has totally been "thrown together" since I wasn't home all weekend to prep anything!

Breakfast

3 hard boiled eggs

half avocado

Few baby carrots

1 bite

Coffee

Lunch

Leftover crockpot roast heated up with kale

half avocado

Dinner

Butternut squash, brussel sprouts, cranberry bake

2 Applegate Chicken and Apple Brat things

Chicken soup at 9pm to help with recovery (as suggested by my chiro). I was actually hungry so ate it. Maybe my WOD will go well in the morning because of it :)

Day 70

Breakfast

Eggs

Squash, Brussel sprouts, cranberry bake

Coffee w/ coconut milk

Lunch

Creamy curry chicken with cauliflower rice

Snack

Shared a little pomegranate berry smoothie with my daughter. Just 100% juice and frozen berries blended.

Dinner

Chicken wings

"kids love cabbage slaw" or something like thy from Everyday Paleo. Daughter turned her nose up to it but then ended up eating more than half that I had on her plate. Yay!!

Day 71

Breakfast

Eggs

Squash, Brussel sprout, cranberry bake

Coffee w/coconut milk & vanilla

Lunch

Ham, avocado, tomato rolled up

Green peppers and carrots on side

Couple chunks pineapple

1-2 tablespoons trail mix

Iced Passion Tea

Dinner

1/3 cup leftover kids love cabbage from last night

Creamy Chicken Curry over cauliflower rice

Apple

Day 72

Breakfast

Pork ribs

Broccoli

Coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch

Creamy Chicken Curry w/cauliflower rice

Watered down pomegranate juice, I was thirsty!

Dinner

Dry rub burger on mushroom "bun" with lettuce, tomato.

Sweet potato fries w/sauce

Kids cabbage

Made egg muffins (egg, sausage, cabbage) for few days of breakfast, had 2 of those

Post WOD

Egg muffins x2

Breakfast

Egg muffins w/avocado

Coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch

Leftover mushroom burger, cabbage, sweet potato fries

Dinner

Pollo Chipolte chicken from Mex restaurant. Hubby has been deprived of this Mex place for weeks so I gave in. Asked them to not use any oil in cooking the food. Used 2 of the 4 corn tortillas they gave me.

Prepped Larabars for hubby, tasted those a couple times ;-)

Prepped "bread" from Paleo Comfort Foods, was hoping I could transition family with this. Tasted it, not sure it will work.

Had a few almonds today too.

Hmmm....food day coming up at work on Monday, should be interesting!

Sunday I think we are going back to the pumpkin patch, pumpkin dessert for me :) planned dessert, yes please!!

Day 74

Breakfast

Egg muffins w/mayo

Lunch

Went to a "hometown" place to eat and was going to order eggs with veggies but they don't serve all day. So ordered Italian beef, no bun. Thought this would be good, but thinking it through more and guessing the au jus juice was loaded with shit I can't pronounce so kicking myself there. Also had house salad, no cheese, no dressing.

Dinner

Steak, zucchini fries, ranch, pumpkin/apple recipe (from forum)

Ate too much dinner

2 cups coffee today 1 w/coconut milk

Half mini loaf the bread I made yesterday

Tomorrow we are going to the pumpkin patch for the 2nd and last time of the season (I think it'll be the last). I'll have plain coffee and a pumpkin dessert!

Today hubby made the comment that all the food I make taste like shit! Nice! Very nice honey!! I can't help it his taste buds are tainted!! Ha!

Archived