Tell me about your success following a slow start

We are halfway through Whole 30 after realizing that our eating habits were just a hot mess.  We're happy enough doing it, the food is yummy, we are both looking less puffy and bloated, but neither my husband nor I have felt any increased energy, better sleep, better skin, etc.  We feel basically the same as we always have--no really strong negative effects but no really strong positives, either.  I've read it can take a while to really feel the benefits.   We're proud that we're making better choices, and we're definitely going to keep going.  But...

I'd love to hear from people who have had success (both NSV and weight loss) but that it took longer than the suggested timeline to really start feeling the major benefits.  If you ended up doing a longer period of time (Whole 45, 60, etc.)  I'd love to hear more details about when you started feeling the benefits.  Please brag on yourself (and encourage me in the process)!

• Moderators

Do you have any medical conditions that may be contributing? That said, I mean, our bodies will prioritize healing before handing over boundless energy... if you have anything that needed healing that could be what's going on right now.

Also, what was your diet like before you came to Whole30? And second to that, sometimes people who are not having the results they hope to see are technically sticking to the rules of the program but are not embracing the recommendations (there's a link in my signature below about the rules v the recommendations).

If you would like help troubleshooting why you may not be feeling well, you can post a few days worth of your intake (including portion sizes) and fluid intake and we can take a look.

Also bear in mind this is a 30 day program, not 15 and the timeline is just an average of what people can expect... :)

Do you have any medical conditions that may be contributing? That said, I mean, our bodies will prioritize healing before handing over boundless energy... if you have anything that needed healing that could be what's going on right now.

Also, what was your diet like before you came to Whole30? And second to that, sometimes people who are not having the results they hope to see are technically sticking to the rules of the program but are not embracing the recommendations (there's a link in my signature below about the rules v the recommendations).

If you would like help troubleshooting why you may not be feeling well, you can post a few days worth of your intake (including portion sizes) and fluid intake and we can take a look.

Also bear in mind this is a 30 day program, not 15 and the timeline is just an average of what people can expect... :)

Thanks!  No health issues for either of us.  I think we are doing everything "right."  I've read through the rules and the recommendations several times, and we are doing it all to the best of my knowledge.  Like I said, we were eating terrible, so I know it may take a while. 

I'm not particularly discouraged or anything, I just thought it would be nice to hear some stories of people that it took a little longer to get to the "good" stuff.

I'm on day 19 & feeling WONDERFUL. I felt better after about 12-14 days but have noticed this past week I'm feeling really good, happier, more energetic, weight dropping down, sleeping better & waking with so much less pain & stiffness in my joints. Keep it up & enjoy the ride, even if it a little slower that typical. I'm consiering going whole60 due to how I'm feeling this week. I can't imagine stopping in 11 days right now to reintroduce anything at this point!

Archived