pattyw's log

pattyw

2/11

Breakfast - 2 cups water, handful of macadamia nuts, coffee

shredded cabbage, carrots, broccoli slaw with sesame oil and 3 eggs, seasonings

2 cups water in between

post workout - chicken thighs, 1/2 sweet potato

Lunch - cashews, chicken thighs, sweet potato, broccoli

Dinner - salad (lettuce, peppers, tomatoes) with homemade creamy Italian dressing, roasted carrots, bbq chicken w/Tessemae sauce, macadamia nuts

Gym - back, biceps, shoulders

• Moderators

Shannon, Do I add fat even though chicken thighs have fat?

Yes, probably. The goal is to go 4-5 hours between meals, and fat is one thing that helps keep you full longer. You may not need to add as much with chicken thighs as you would if you had chicken breast, but it doesn't hurt to add some. 

If I had chicken thighs, sweet potato, and broccoli, I'd probably add some mayo or coconut oil or ghee to the sweet potato, and if I felt like drizzling some oil or sauce over the broccoli, I'd do that too.

2/12

Got into some food from hell last evening.....Aleve pm is not doing a very good job.  Slept maybe 4 hours.  Been awake since before 2....I'm beginning to think this is my cross to bear......I can do a leg workout at home.  I feel fat.....have to go help out at church this morning...hope it won't take long...DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND PEOPLE TODAY.....must follow thru with getting this mind turned around even if things aren't changing.  Will I ever sleep more than 4 hours again?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Breakfast - 2 cups water, cashews, sm. banana, coffee

chicken thighs, broccoli, leftover roasted carrots

Lunch - sweet potato, chicken thighs, broccoli, salad or green beans

Dinner - 

gym - I can do a leg workout at home....

2/13 - sleep last night was typical.  Best sleep is in front of the tv.  I wasn't as wide awake during the hours I wasn't dozing.  I did some reading on kindle and that is at least getting my mind turned in the right direction.

meal 1 - water, banana, coffee, sesame oil, shredded cabbage, broccoli, carrots and epic egg failure, macadamia nuts - I'm on way!!!

9:25 am - 6 cups of water so far

meal 2 - chicken thighs, red potatoes, carrots

2/15 - Aleve pm has helped the past 2 nights!  Do a leg workout at home....JUST DO IT!!!

I am not headed in the direction I want to go in.  Eating foods I should not be eating.  Are you comfortable/happy with the bodyfat you have on yourself?  You know you are going to the beach in August with Brittany and Brandi????  Do you want to be in a bathing suit feeling embarrassed, ashamed, hating yourself for what you did to yourself?  The time to get turned and headed in the direction you want to go is NOW, TODAY!  If you can do Ideal Protein for 5 months you can do W30 plus you are working out now.  You said W30 is paradise compared to IP.  Prep, prep, prep especially after church!  You know how he works.  Let them go get food that is not good for you - physically, mentally.  Love yourself enough to follow thru and see what happens....see how much better you can feel, sleep, look.....

#1 - water, macadamia nuts, coffee

carrots, red potato wedges, chicken thighs

small banana

#2 - macadamia nuts, sweet potato, broccoli, chicken thighs

So much for yesterday.  Another wasted day.....went from bad to worse

2/18 - Had sweet potato with lunch and had a 6 month pregnant look and was bloated for 4 hours.  I drank 80+ oz of water.  I wasn't even feeling hunger for dinner.  I actually started feeling better as I ate dinner.  So done with sweet potatoes.  I know red potatoes are approved but some say they spike blood sugar but surely eating less than 1/2 a medium sized potato can't have a bad affect.

It is time to start to spend some time learning about this instead of winging it.

1 - water, macadamia nuts, banana, coffee, 

few red potato wedges, carrots (leftover), kale, 3 eggs, 1/2 of a 1/2 of homemade chicken apple sausage, 1 TB salsa

2  - red potatoes and carrots, chicken apple sausage, macadamia nuts - still felt bloated for hours - drank the water - took some enzymes

3 - chicken thighs, peppers, cabbage, shredded carrots, macadamia nuts

gym - chest, triceps, cardio

• Moderators

It looks like you're having nuts at nearly every meal -- those cause digestive issues, including bloating, for lots of people. You might want to leave them out for a few days and see if it helps. Replace them with other fat sources, like olives, avocado, coconut, oils, mayo, or dressings or sauces.

2/19 - slept half decent without taking anything!  Used a bunch of oils.  I'll try that again tonight!

1 - macadamia nuts, apple, coffee and 4 cups of water

shredded cabbage, carrots, broccoli, chicken apple sausage, curry, salt pepper, turmeric, onion powder, parsley

gym - legs, core

post - hard boiled egg

2 - got the courage to try rutabaga...ANSWER TO PRAYER!!!  Had it roasted with chicken thighs and green beans,macadamia nuts

3 - rutabaga, wo oatmeal turkey meatloaf muffins and green beans, macadamia nuts

9/20 - above msg says to have other sources of fat.  I can do coconut oil and I need to make salad dressing today!!!  I didn't see the msg till after meal 1.  Still so excited about rutabagas!!!  Good reheated too!

1 - water, macadamia nuts, coffee

2 hard boiled eggs, small chicken thigh, rutabaga and 1/2 cups berries

gym - back, biceps, no cardio  I may be tired from speed increasing earlier in the week pus it was too hot.  Great day for a long walk.

pwo - leftover burger, rutabaga, salsa

2 - shredded cabbage carrots, turkey meatloaf muffin, broccoli and sesame oil

3 - spaghetti squash, sauce, turkey meatloaf muffins, macadamia nuts

2/22 - yesterday was...well, it's over and I need to get over it.  His face is always gonna be expressing his opinions and expectations.  The cats are the princesses.....wish I had a career

1 - water, 3 hardboiled eggs, coffee, shredded cabbage, broccoli, carrots with sesame oil and seasoning

2 - salad, peppers, homemade Italian dressing, chicken breast with almond meal, rutabaga

3 - chicken breast, broccoli, rutabaga, macadamia nuts

2/27 - no gym until these tight spots are worked out.  It does feel better with just the little bit I've done.  MORE today!  Maybe a long walk today near home so I can make bathroom stops.  

So my life is none the better with the crap I've eaten...did I think it would be?  Dopamine was talking big time!  Which reminds me.....time to do more reading.

1 - water, coconut oil in coffee and 1/2 chicken zucchini popper

shredded carrots, cabbage, kale and power greens with chicken poppers, olive oil, seasoning

2 - chicken thighs, rutabaga, salad with homemade dressing, peppers, tomatoes

3 -  chicken thighs, rutabaga, broccoli, olive oil

gym - upper body

3/5 - Got some good direction from a frantic post.  Need to write it down and put it on fridge.

1 - macadamia nuts, shredded cabbage, broccoli, carrots, rutabaga, chicken breast

2 - salad with homemade dressing, chicken and rutabaga, tad of olive oil

3 - pork chops, sauerkraut, potatoes and carrots, almond butter

5+ mile walk  

3/6 - Went for a long walk yesterday and something is out of whack in right leg.  I know I have to get very consistent with foam rolling.  I hope this isn't gonna be a chiro issue.  Soaking in epsom salts helped a little.  Give it some rest, EO's and foam rolling today.

Already got chicken breasts cooking in crockpot....probably need more rutabaga and make Jeff his chicken for lunches.  Steaks for dinner!!!

1 - coconut oil in coffee, potatoes, carrots and chicken, plus chopped greens

2 - chicken breast, chicken sausage, carrots, potatoes, almond butter

3 - steak rutabaga,

3/7 - Leg feels better....lousy night's sleep

1 - shredded cabbage, carrots, broccoli, chicken thigh, chicken sausage, sesame oil  -  FULL

GYM - total body and stretching

pwo - chicken, potatoes and carrots

2 - chicken, rutabaga, potatoes, carrots, macadamia nuts

3 - salad, tomatoes, carrots, chicken, homemade dressing

R1D3 - 3/8 - worked on stretching, did 2 Essentrics workouts and more stretching

1 - Banana, shredded veg, chicken, rutabaga, olive oil

2 - chicken, broccoli, rutabaga

3 - chicken - potatoes, carrots and macadamia nuts

R1D4 - 3/9 - Slept longer with help from Aleve pm.  Sleeping feels like there is some kind of wrestling going on.  Part of me wants to sleep and part of me doesn't want to.  I think it's a tie.  

1 - chicken, rutabaga, broccoli, almond butter

2 - chicken, potato and carrots, macadamia nuts

3 - roast, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, macadamia nuts

long walk in the morning, foam rolling

D5 - 3/10 - above msg was for today about sleep.

Fitbit is starting to make my wrist itch.  Have it on other wrist today.  Hope it's not gonna be the norm.  P. Dave started a challenge for next week that I want to give it a good shot.

It's time for a gym workout!  

According to fitbit my total body workout burned 500 calories!!!  Did a red light therapy/vibration session too!  More stretching and work on tight arms.

1 - almonds, chicken thighs, broccoli, carrots and potatoes

pwo - roast, chicken thigh, carrots, 3 wedges of red potatoes

2 - chicken, broccoli, carrots, olive oil

3 - burger, salsa, rutabaga, breen beans, macadamia nuts

3/14 - D1  no sleep  SERIOUSLY learned my lesson

1 -  gr. meat, potatoes, carrots, apple, macadamia nuts

2 - chicken, rutabaga, broccoli, olive oil

3 - salad, tomato, peppers, dressing, chicken, rutabaga

3.5 mile walk in the evening.....hip/leg felt fine!

3/15 -  D2 - slept great with new med.  2 trips to the bathroom

1 - apple, shredded cabbage, carrots, 1 egg, chicken thighs, sesame oil

2 - chicken thighs, carrots, broccoli, olive oil, macadamia nuts

3 - chicken potatoes, carrots, salad, dressing

3/17 - D4 - yesterday was all compliant....Feel human enough to do chest/triceps and cardio workout and weather looks good to walk tonight.  Hoping to make evening walking a habit!

MUST do up some rutabaga today!  3 chicken breasts seems the way to go as chicken thighs are so greasy.  Cut back on coffee this morning!  

3/16 meals

1 - chicken thighs, carrots, potatoes, macadamia nuts

2 - chicken breast, carrots, potatoes, macadamia nuts

3 - cabbage, carrot, gr. meat casserole, carrots, potatoes, macadamia nuts

3/17 meals

1 - chicken broccoli, carrots, potatoes, coconut oil

pwo -  eggs, butternut squash

2 - chicken, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, salad, dressing

3 - cabbage casserole, butternut squash, radishes, almond butter

Archived