Megan's Whole30 Journey

MeGunn

I start my first Whole30 tomorrow, February 10th.

I've been active my whole life-- I played soccer through college, dabbled in triathlons, ran plenty of races, completed a marathon with friends, CrossFit, yoga... you name it. The last couple of years have really thrown me for a loop. My husband and I relocated and I lost my fitness community. I've been sedentary for the first time in my life and my health and happiness has suffered. I'm at my heaviest weight and I feel stuck in a black hole of body-image issues and lack of self-worth. Which is ridiculous. I know.

I know I don't love and appreciate my friends because they have "great bodies". I don't give a shit what they look like. So why am I so overly occupied with the way I look?

As I navigate this next chapter in my life, my focus will be learning how to unconditionally love myself for who I am, my heart and soul, my dreams and ambitions, the way I interact with other loving-beings. I will not be focused on superficial factors of what I look like or how much I weigh. So instead of trying another diet and exercise program with goals to lose 1-2 lbs per week, I'm simply focused on feeding my body nutrient-dense, really food for the next 30 days. 30 days. That's it. I just have to commit to the next 30 days. 30 days of planning and putting myself first. 30 days of thoughtful decisions. 30 days of meditation and reflection. 30 days is not time at all. 

So here it goes. Today I'm meal planning, grocery shopping, and food prepping. I'm meeting a friend for lunch, then going to a yoga class to get my mind right. It's going to be a great day, followed by 30 days of whole foods to heal my body and mind!

Archived