A carpenter's whole30, my log.

br5532

Day 26

The increased proteins and fats are still working good. Felt great again today. Today was a heavy day at work as well. Framing days are the heaviest and there are usually 2 of those a week. But today the energy didn't flag , I wasn't tired and I know genuinely felt good with what I was eating even though it seems like quite a bit of food to me.

Feeling a touch if a cold coming on. That little tickle in the back of the throat. But that isn't dragging me down as much as it used to either. I still feel capable albeit a little sick. It's not a bad feeling. I'm ok with that.

Busy days coming up and I have to get the Mr Mom game face on. With the wife getting ready for the wedding and being in it I get a little extra quality tome with the kiddies.

Not a bad thing mind you just out of my normal routine. You see I com home pretty down right dirty so there is a period if time where no one is allowed near daddy till he gets cleaned up. I'm gonna need to expedite that time frame here.

I also find it hard to always remember not to lick the spoon ir taste the kids food to see if its done when o cook foe them. I haven't done ot yet but I come very close every time and realize whoa hold that thought.

Don't want to blow it's all up on the final days here.

Must focus.

M1: 3 eggs with loose sausage and veggies and 1/4# beef and coffee

Coffee break: 3 hb eggs and some nuts and some avocado and 1/4# beef a few dates

M2: salad with roasted chicken and acorn squash, cauliflower and 1/4# beef, banana

m3: not sure yet, we ate the birds so maybe more beef (that's a lot of beef) we will see.

Oh yes, I also added coconut milk today 2the tbls in the am and 1/2 cup near the end of the work day.

As always thanks for listening

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really appreciate your posts. My husband is a carpenter by trade as well and he's always run down and lacking energy. I am re-starting my Whole30 today (hit a snag and learned some lessons), but over the previous two weeks I was on plan, he really noticed a change in how I was feeling. So hopefully, WHEN I finish my complete Whole30 this time around, he might be interested in trying one too. Besides, he's going to be eating my Whole30 dinners anyway!

Day 27

Not fun. Worked in the rain and battling a cold. Hate these types of days. Made it through nonetheless.

Late post, Mr Mom tonight all going well. Mom partying hard on the eve of her whole30.

I feel better fighting this cold then I have in the past. I believe its because I am healthier as a result of this whole30 experiment. I am definately sick but I am fully functional. Never happened before without much misery.

I am very happy right now, content.

Gotta get some sleep. Early and long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Ate a lot today and basically the same as yesterday.

As always thanks for listening

Day 28-29-30

There it is folks day 30. All day and all night it is going to be day 30. I can get a little winded in my entries and today may be since I have 3the action packed days wrapped into 1 entry.

Day 28

I put a handful of cheerios in my mouth and then promptly spat them out. I knew watching the kids would get me in trouble. I didn't eat them, didn't even chew them just in, thought for a moment, "Oh s#$%! ", and out. Just one of those habits that occur without even knowing. I was much more careful around the youngins the remainder of the day.

But sabotage lurks around many turns, and friends and family are not to be trusted.

Well not quite that dramatic but someone did put their gin and tonic next to my water and at the wedding and in goes bad thing #2 for the day. Spat that out also. Into the same glass it came from, hope the owner didn't pick it up again. Hope they don't read this either. But of all things, a gin and tonic was going to be my "it's over" drink and alas I sit here on the precipice of another 30 days. But it tastes as good as I remember. Can't wait for day 61 now.

Day 29

Busy, busy, busy. Kids car seats stores chores cooking and ut was gone. Day 29and went away.

Made ghee with the wife. First time for both of us. It looks wonder, smells great, and tastes the way butter should. Very happy about introducing that. The wife has an entire photo log of the event.

We prepped a bunch of stuff for the week together. She is getting into the whole30 program. Stated her on the whole30 daily (thanks Emily for the great idea ). Got her a copy of "Practical Paleo" as well.

Day 30

The end of what was and the beginning of what will be.

Uneventful day, just work. All things normal. Just an average joe maybe not so average any more. I accomplished a very good thing today. I have changed my life. I am healthier, more knowledgeable, and in control of my impulses. Yes my perspective is different. Perhaps not radically but more then enough for me to feel that what I have done here can be a part of me and my life for much more then 30 days.

Some thoughts :

Weddings are not as much fun when you are not drinking and the fun ratio drops as those around you become more inebriated.

There are only 2a things to eat at a wedding on a whole30, the salad without dressing, and the raw veggies at cocktail hour without dip.

Chefs put butter and cheese on EVERYTHING.

No matter how much you eat ahead of time, being in a room with good smelling food and lits of people eating will make you hungrier then you thought possible. I really thought I was prepared. I should have put burgers in my suit pockets.

When your friends are drinking they can ask you to explain your "new diet" countless times over and over. "Hey did we already go over this?"

Any how I came out the other end of this one better for the knowledge. Never got fully sick, seemed to go right past that one.

I'm thinking of telling the wife about the log. Just let her go with it see what she says.

That's all. As always thanks for listening

See you in the success stories!

But sabotage lurks around many turns, and friends and family are not to be trusted.

Well not quite that dramatic but someone did put their gin and tonic next to my water and at the wedding and in goes bad thing #2 for the day. Spat that out also. Into the same glass it came from, hope the owner didn't pick it up again. Hope they don't read this either. But of all things, a gin and tonic was going to be my "it's over" drink and alas I sit here on the precipice of another 30 days. But it tastes as good as I remember. Can't wait for day 61 now.

This is absolutely hilarious! Nice job!

Maybe you and your wife could start a log? Congrats on your 30 days; I've really enjoyed following along!

Archived