Hi all! Starting Feb 22nd!

katieblue

Hi everyone!

I'm Katie. I'm 25 and from the Jersey shore.

I've been interested in the Whole 30 program since I did the 30-Day No-Sugar challenge and it really completely changed my mood, my taste, my body, and how foods affect me when I eat them now. Since I saw such drastic changes from that, I decided I want to challenge myself further to complete a Whole 30!

I decided to start February 22nd because on the 21st I have my last stressful dinner planned (at my mom's - shocker!). I live with my boyfriend, and he is going to attempt to do it with me.

So far, I have planned out of our breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for four weeks, along with shopping lists of what we'll need each week. I'm excited to get started and just looking to connect with some people who are going through it at the same time - for some encouragement, and possibly for some venting if needed! ;) 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Katie and Tara,

I'm starting on the 22nd too.  This is my first Whole 30 and I'm working on my meal plan and grocery list for week 1. My family is supportive but won't be joining me on this go round.  Because my kids have life-threatening food allergies, I won't be using any eggs, ghee, or nuts (we don't keep any of these in the house).  I'm already used to living without them, so they won't be missed, but it could make some recipes a bit interesting.  I'll either have to try substituting with approved foods or avoid some recipes altogether. 

I look forward to being able to support one another as we walk through the day to day here. 

Hi Jen!

Best of luck to you! It's got to be more challenging when you're doing it alone, and when you have to combat the food allergies.

I know my boyfriend has to watch his cholesterol so we had to find some egg-free breakfasts for him, but most of them involved nuts! Maybe you might want to try some homemade breakfast sausage and veggies or chia pudding with some fresh fruit and coconut?

I will definitely cheer you on as we get through this. :)

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm glad to have a partner to chat with through this and will send encouragement your way too.  I'm really looking forward to getting started.  Particularly in the past several months I've struggled with stomach aches and heartburn, and am certain The Whole 30 will give me good information as to what foods aren't agreeing with me.  While I could stand to lose about 25 pounds, the digestive issues are my driving motivation.  Any weight lost will be considered a bonus. 

I feel like what I'm going to miss most over the 30 days will be sweetener and half-and-half in my tea.  Straight tea can be so bitter.  I've stopped drinking coffee in order to help ease the heartburn, but a little hot, sweet, creamy tea is so good!  I'll miss that for sure.

On the plus side, because of living with so many allergies, closely examining labels for ingredients is part of my regular grocery routine.  That won't be anything new other than adding grains, soy, and sugar/sweeteners to the avoidance list.  We try to do as little soy as possible already but aren't totally clean from that all the time.  My husband has thought about joining me but isn't feeling quite ready to jump in.  If he sees it going well though, I'm sure he'll be on board for a second round. 

Hi Katie! Thanks for starting this group. I am also starting on the 22nd and would love the support. I'm 38, a mom of two boys, ages 4 and 6.  I was always relatively healthy until having kids. I put on about 50 pounds and I don't have the energy I used to. I also have noticed my anxiety has gotten really bad, and that's a big reason I want to try the Whole30.  I need a reset, big time! I know it will be really hard. I have a sugar addiction that I need to kick. I'm looking forward to feeling better!

Hi I am Laura.  My husband and I are doing the whole 30 starting on the 22nd too!  I am looking to break my sugar addiction and try something different.   Counting calories and being hungry all the time isn't getting me the results I have been looking for on the scale or in the mirror.  I have a pretty healthy lifestyle but I am just in an eating rut.  I am very excited to see how I feel on healthier foods!

Hi everyone, I'm going to start with you all on the 22. I did one Whole90 in the summer, I loved it, I felt great. Then I fell off the wagon and couldn't find balance. I want to finish the 30 days, but my real goal is trying to figure out a way to not be so extreme all the time with eating. All or nothing isn't working.

I'm 43 with a toddler a 17 year old and a husband. None of them are doing it with me, but all of them are use to me eating differently than them.

I'm starting tomorrow too! Have done it a few times but only made it the 30 days one time. Going to be strong and make it the 30 days. Love to have a support group. Please post any great tips or recipes and I will do the same! I have been on a bit of a bender with sugar and alcohol. Really needing a healthy 30 days so my clothes will fit me again.

I'm so excited that so many of us are starting tomorrow! I'm excited and a little nervous, but I spent last week prepping Whole 30-approved Turkey Chili, Roasted Red Pepper Soup, and Fried Cauliflower Rice! So our freezer is stocked and I have my shopping list ready for this week. :)

How are you all feeling?

We can totally do this!

Hi Everyone,

I am excited to start tomorrow! I have not actually gone shopping yet - plan to eat eggs and kale for breakfast and then go shopping. I feel a little under prepared but at the same time I think that if I don't jump in now I may keep on putting it off. I spent the afternoon reading a "Paleo" cookbook and figuring out which parts of it are allowed on the whole 30. I am actually excited about what I get to eat more than what I have to leave out (we will see if this will last!). I also cleared all not allowed foods from my room (we live in a dorm suite - which is actually a blessing as I have to walk down three flights of stairs to get to the kitchen - enough time to stop those cravings I hope!!)

Anyhow, look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

- Alice (this is actually my name - Muez is my cat! You can call me either not to be confusing...! )

P.S. Yes to posting recipes!!

Hey all! I'm starting today too! My first time. I have five kids and a husband- none of them will be doing it with me. I need a reboot. I would like to look better and feel better- without counting calories! I am a bit underprepared also. I'll shop tomorrow. But i'm excited to start this journey, and need to do it NOW!

I'm starting today too ;)

I've done multiple w30s and a w60+ last summer but Christmas derailed me royally and I've been ill so eating junk a lot recently *rolls eyes*

I have arthritis and aspergers and a wheat allergy...plus I really need to lose some more weight (I've put on since Christmas *sigh*).

My 7 year old will be coming along for the ride with exceptions (and school lunches...he is back on those)

i started with eggs and roasted-whatever-veg-was-in-the-fridge (my fav!) this morning and am heading out to shop just now.

I don't plan meals, I buy a small amount of what's in season and looks good every couple of days, live in a country without a lot of w30 staples and I don't so packaging so my w30 may be a little different ;)

Good luck!!

I'm starting today!  I've been playing around with it for weeks.  I am doing this mainly for weight loss.  I lost 40 lbs on another program but still have 25 more to lose.  I've learned that I can't do sweet potatoes and prefer to keep white potatoes to a minimum.  I got the courage to try rutabaga last week and it is awesome!  Doing some shopping this morning and making mayo/creamy Italian dressing.  Gonna try almond meal crispy chicken breasts today.  Prep is vital!!!  Have a great W30 day!

Hello Everyone! I am starting today (Feb 22), too! I have prepared everything and feel ready to go!

I am doing this in an effort to rein in the sugar, mostly, but am interested in doing this as a challenge, too. 

I look forward to seeing what the end-ish of March brings when we've all completed the 30 days... Good luck to everyone!

Hello! I'm starting my first whole 30 today (Feb 22) as well. Having trouble losing baby weight from #2 and excited to restart my system with this plan.

I chose a very simple meal plan for week 1 to keep me on track. While I love cooking, it has become very tricky with a toddler and an infant. My biggest challenges will be having time to do what is necessary to stay on track as well as making sure to eat enough to sustain nursing a baby.

I look forward to the next 30 days with you folks!

Hey all! My husband and I are also starting today with you. We are doing the week1 plan directly from the whole30 book to get us started because that was less scary for me than trying to plan it and start at the same time. ;) Have never done this before, but have tried/failed multiple fad diets, yo-yo dieting, etc. I have some friends that have found success here, so my husband and I started reading about it and generally felt like it describes exactly what we need - a reboot, restart, to break away from some old habits and psychological strongholds... so, here we are. End goal is weight loss, but weight loss comes from better health in general, so hoping for all of the benefits we can get. :) My mother-in-law and kids also live with us, MIL is on-board and kids will eat what we give them.. so they will pretty much be on the program as well, except for school lunches. We chose this week because my husband starts a new job in 2 weeks, so he is hoping to be past the worst of the anticipated crashes at that point.

Looking forward to following through the program with you all!! Good luck. :)

I did my first w30 when I was breastfeeding 4-5 times a day (I'm down to once/day now) at at the beginning, maybe for the first two weeks as I got use to it, I needed the four meals a day. They tell bf women to eat 4 times in the book.  After I got use to it, I was able to eat 3 bigger meals for the rest of the time. I also found I needed to eat the suggested servings of fat. I would really notice if I forgot that. But that was when I could just put the baby in a jolly jumper. Now that he is running around I'm a bit worried about the amount of cooking needed too!

Hi all.  My husband and I started today.  We're also doing the 7-day meal plan from the book.  Man, that was a lot of grocery shopping!  But now I feel really prepared and ready to go!  I'm doing this because during pregnancy and breastfeeding, I pretty much ate what I wanted to without gaining too much, but now I've noticed I can't do that anymore (only BFing once/day), so I wanted something to get me back on the right track of eating healthy.  Glad to meet all of you, and look forward to going on this journey with ya'll!

I am so, so glad to see so many people starting at the same time as I am! This is my first Whole30 and I kind of decided to do this on a whim so I've been looking around for support. I am completely under prepared but I Have a wonderfully stocked fridge so I'm not too worried about it. My husband is going to 'try to do it with me' though I imagine he will making brown rice and wheat pasta to add to some dishes. Doing some planning tonight and probably going to make some egg dish to eat throughout the week. 

Good luck on your first day everyone! Let's rock this!

Hi all!

Happy to be joining you! Did a whole30 last July and just now in January. Eating and preparing good food surprisingly was not a problem but I always fall back into heavy snacking, especially in the evenings after dinner at home (even when dinner was substantial and followed the template) At first the snacks are Whole 30 approved but then (you can see where this is going) they are not!

So looking to really break some bad habits...

Any tips would be appreciated!

Damari

Archived