Hi all! Starting Feb 22nd!

katieblue

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm looking to start on Apr. 4th.  I saw you developed your menu and shopping list for the next 4 weeks.  Is this "sharable?"  I know you put a lot of work into it, so I don't want to impose, but if you don't mind sharing, I would GREATLY appreciate any starter help I can get.

ps..hope you are doing well since you've begun!  and, I'm a PA resident, but a frequenter of the Jersey Shore with my family!

Hey! I just saw this now - sorry about missing it earlier! I can definitely email you the file if you'd like to PM me your email address! :) I don't have all the recipes on there, but you could certainly find them all on Pinterest like I did by typing the names of the dishes I listed!

I ate pretty much the same today - except my husband made a stir fry and added a curry paste that had soy in it - it was the 4th ingredient and it was just a tablespoon..so I don't feel too out of control. I'm going to make easter lasagne (?) but mine will be with zucchini noodles and cashew paste instead of ricotta. I will have melted cheese on the top, I am not a barbarian. 

My NSV:

Down a belt size and I don't like like a water balloon stuffed into a tube in my lady work pants anymore. NO muffin top. 

no cravings. at all. My husband made apple crisp for dessert. I din't even consider it, and I didn't care when he ate it in front of me.

I sail past the communal table of sweet stuff at work - no stopping for cookies

I've been running again and want to run.

I said to myself "you can have those cadbury eggs if you want", then i realized, I actually didn't even want them. for real. 

My sleep is better (not great, but better) and I feel tired at night and fall asleep on my own.

I don't have pain - in my neck, shoulders, knees, back. That "oh, I'm getting old" pain I had every single morning. It's gone.

My post natal fog of stupidity and no libido seems different - I feel less stupid and more interested in my husband. 

My mood has been mostly stable - No crazies. no rages. no boo hoo hoo crying spells. 

I've been hanging with you guys for the past month! 

You are all so awesome. 

Ahh!! Congratulations on ALL of that!!! I love it!!! :)

I did not put cheese with my eggs because I really didn't want it. But I did wind up putting feta cheese over my salad yesterday with lunch, because my boyfriend put it on his and I was like "damn, I missed that - I want some, too!" But honestly, it didn't do anything for the salad, and I had bubble guts all afternoon.

Since I wound up having some cheesez we went out for burgers for dinner as we had planned and I asked for my cheese on the side, but the waitress didn't bring it! So I just went with it and ate the burger without it, and it was still delicious. So I had a VERY small dairy reintro that resulted in lots of uncomfortable gas, and that was about it! Haha. Back to normal Whole today!

Hi, I'm looking to start on Apr. 4th.  I saw you developed your menu and shopping list for the next 4 weeks.  Is this "sharable?"  I know you put a lot of work into it, so I don't want to impose, but if you don't mind sharing, I would GREATLY appreciate any starter help I can get.

ps..hope you are doing well since you've begun!  and, I'm a PA resident, but a frequenter of the Jersey Shore with my family!

I have meal plans, too, if you're interested.  I did the meal plan in the Whole 30 book for the first week, and then I made my own.  You're more than welcome to them if you want to PM me your email address.  About 99% of my recipes were either from Pinterest or the book, and I notated where they came from.  If they aren't notated, I either just threw them together or it was a recipe I had at home (I think there were one or two, but I can notate those).

Good morning everyone!  I did have my Cadbury Creme Egg last night, and it was delicious...until I got about halfway finished with it.  Then it got way too sweet, but I finished it, and it left this weird tingling in my mouth.  Yuck!  I also forwent the wine for kombucha instead.  If you knew me in my pre-W30 life, you would know that's a crazy thing for me to do!  I'm a new person!  Other than that, I've stuck to W30, besides for the salsa I had for breakfast this morning, which had sugar as one of the ingredients near the end.  But it was organic, so I think it was still pretty good.  Speaking of breakfast, I made this with the lean ground turkey, and it couldn't be easier or more delicious!  Might be a good one for your boyfriend, Katie, since it's breakfast-y without the egg.

http://meatified.com/fiesta-breakfast-bowl/

My husband had this diet Sundrop that he's had in the fridge since pre-W30, and he said he didn't like it at all.  He said you could taste all the chemicals.  I think I might have finally gotten him over his diet soda cravings!  Woo hoo!  I've been trying to get him off diet soda for years.

Katie: That stinks about the cheese!  It's crazy how something you think would be so minor could have such an effect!

Ramona: You cracked me up with this comment: "I will have melted cheese on the top, I am not a barbarian."  And I loved reading your NSVs!

Hi everyone! Day 31 for me. I weighed int his morning and I hadn't lost any weight, but my pants seem to fit a bit differently. I may not be lighter but I don't feel as bloated. That's all going to change pretty soon though...

Here are my NSVs:

1. This is the biggie - I'm sleeping. I've always struggled with insomnia, and the last several months since I started my new job have been really bad.

2. My cravings are way down. There's a huge snacking culture in my new office - people bringing in cookies, chocolate, etc. all the time. I indulged way too often in my first few months here, but at a meeting the other day there were Samoa girl scout cookies and I wasn't even tempted to take one. And they're my favorite! I also tossed the bag of chex mix that I found in my desk drawer. I love chex mix, so this was a big step.

3. I haven't had any heartburn or other GERD symptoms. Sometimes even if I don't have heartburn pain I have a hard time swallowing - things get stuck in my esophagus (happens with vitamins all the time) and that gets very uncomfortable. But it hasn't happened at all this month!

4. I feel way less anxious and haven't had bad mood swings at all. I've maybe been a little teary the last few days, but that's all related to pregnancy news and they're happy tears.  :wub:

5. I GOT PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all, it's been a very good month. Today I'm adding dairy back in - I had about half a thing of plain yogurt this morning and a little milk in my coffee. I have baby bel cheese for a pre-yoga snack and I got some fresh mozzarella to put on top of grilled eggplant tonight. And if all that goes well, maybe some chocolate ice cream for dessert. I checked the ingredients on the yogurt and ice cream to make sure there weren't any other non-compliant ingredients and I think I'm in the clear.

Galaxigrl: Sorry that your egg got weird halfway through! I'm still planning on proceeding with reintroducing sugar on Easter, but I don't think I'm going to have anything dessert-y that would be so loaded with it. But it's crazy how much it can affect us!

And SO proud of you for trading the wine for kombucha!! That is HUGE! :)

Thanks for the recipe -- it looks really yummy!!  I think Rob is stoked to go back to eating oatmeal some mornings, but it will be good to have some variation for him. ;)

CG - Congratulations on all of that!! Those are some really incredible transformations - even beyond the really big one! :)

Good luck with the dairy - let us know how it goes!!

Good morning everyone!  I did have my Cadbury Creme Egg last night, and it was delicious...until I got about halfway finished with it.  Then it got way too sweet, but I finished it, and it left this weird tingling in my mouth.  Yuck!  I also forwent the wine for kombucha instead.  If you knew me in my pre-W30 life, you would know that's a crazy thing for me to do!  I'm a new person!  Other than that, I've stuck to W30, besides for the salsa I had for breakfast this morning, which had sugar as one of the ingredients near the end.  But it was organic, so I think it was still pretty good.  Speaking of breakfast, I made this with the lean ground turkey, and it couldn't be easier or more delicious!  Might be a good one for your boyfriend, Katie, since it's breakfast-y without the egg.

http://meatified.com/fiesta-breakfast-bowl/

My husband had this diet Sundrop that he's had in the fridge since pre-W30, and he said he didn't like it at all.  He said you could taste all the chemicals.  I think I might have finally gotten him over his diet soda cravings!  Woo hoo!  I've been trying to get him off diet soda for years.

Katie: That stinks about the cheese!  It's crazy how something you think would be so minor could have such an effect!

Ramona: You cracked me up with this comment: "I will have melted cheese on the top, I am not a barbarian."  And I loved reading your NSVs!

galaxigirl, check out the flowchart for the off-whole 30 food items after whole 30. It strongly encourages you to stop eating at the point you are not enjoying it anymore. I think that second half egg probably could have gone in the trash instead.

galaxigirl, check out the flowchart for the off-whole 30 food items after whole 30. It strongly encourages you to stop eating at the point you are not enjoying it anymore. I think that second half egg probably could have gone in the trash instead.

If only Whole30 could have cured me of my other food issue, which is not wasting food...

If only Whole30 could have cured me of my other food issue, which is not wasting food...

Hahahaha that killed me.

Ya'll - I took the kids to Baskin Robbins last night after my daughter's gymnastics recital and had an ice cream sandwich. It was pretty gross about halfway through, similar to galaxigrl's egg. And I suddenly remembered that I don't really like cookies (or ice cream sandwiches?) even though I craved them for 3/4ths of the whole30! Ha!

Anyway, after that I felt all jittery and horrible and crashed at bedtime in the worst way and didn't sleep well, which led to me being sluggish all morning today. I think it was because it was SO MUCH sugar at once after none for so long. So I've been good today and am going to work pretty hard to not just randomly binge in this next week before we start our next round, because that was super awful.

And also, that was completely the opposite of what I was planning on doing.

• Moderators

Hi, everyone! Congratulations to everyone on finishing your Whole30! Sounds like there are a lot of great success stories.

We do ask that if you want to keep your group together here post-Whole30 as you do reintroductions and figure out riding your own bike going forward, that you move over to the Post-Whole30 section of the forum. This is really just to keep things clear for new people -- if they come across people talking about non-W30 foods in this part of the forum, we don't want them to think that means it's okay to eat those things during their Whole30.

Typically, someone will start a discussion over there, and then put a link to it in this thread so everyone can find it. If you need any help with doing that, PM me or one of the other moderators and we'll be happy to help.

I totally know that jittery awful feeling!! I wiped out sugar for a month back in May and whenever I've had it again since then, I always get like that. It's crazy what even a small amount can do to you!!

Stay strong, you can totally make it through until we get back to our next official Whole 30! Especially if you found it was actually gross! (Did you finish it?? Just curious because like Galaxigrl I always finished dessert things even if I was super full or sugared out or whatever - except it was less about not wasting and more about the sugar addiction!)

Before I join the new thread I want to share my victories.

NSVs

Energy through the whole day, no afternoon slump!

No more cravings to snack during late night TV watching!

Sleeping through the night, no more 3 am wake ups!

No more foggy brain!

Found that I LOVE roasted sweet potatoes.

And body/scale victories...

Lost 4 lbs

Lost an inch and a half in both my hips and my thighs (those are my fat gathering places)

Today is day 31. I'm keeping compliant and will be celebrating my birthday tomorrow with a glass of wine.

Before I join the new thread I want to share my victories.

NSVs

Energy through the whole day, no afternoon slump!

No more cravings to snack during late night TV watching!

Sleeping through the night, no more 3 am wake ups!

No more foggy brain!

Found that I LOVE roasted sweet potatoes.

And body/scale victories...

Lost 4 lbs

Lost an inch and a half in both my hips and my thighs (those are my fat gathering places)

Today is day 31. I'm keeping compliant and will be celebrating my birthday tomorrow with a glass of wine.

Congrats Kalina!  Your NSV list is a lot like what mine will look like on Saturday (except that I already knew how awesome roasted sweet potatoes are :)).  Enjoy your birthday celebration tomorrow!!

Archived