Allergic reactions with reintroduction?

Hello!

I tried to find some information on this subject but unfortunately couldn't. I have a severe (fatal) peanut allergy, but no allergies to anything else. I am wondering if anyone with pre-existing allergies had trouble with the reintroduction phase? Any allergic reactions? I do plan on speaking with my doctor...I am on Day 6. Feeling so much better already, believe it or not! :)

• Moderators

You should not reintroduce peanuts! 

Sensitivities related to a leaky gut may disappear after the leaky gut is fully healed, but other sensitivities are likely to remain as strong as ever. 

Are you asking if you might have new allergic reactions to foods that previously did not cause you trouble? You should not have new allergic reactions, but you may discover sensitivities that were hidden by the dull ache of general inflammation before your Whole30. 

Peanuts are very different from other legumes, but if you are concerned about any potential reactions, make sure you discuss with your doctor.

If you are concerned about lectins or other legume contents, soaking, rinsing and other traditional methods help to reduce some of their negatives (but this would never make peanuts safe for a peanut allergy).

I discovered a few things I'm sensitive to and I was surprised, not all of them have strong reactions but I noticed how much better I felt with their absence.

Archived