Whole 30 starts February 16!

lal001

I'm a 28 year old teacher ready to dive into the whole 30! I've always eaten fairly healthy, trying to follow an 80/20 rule but I'm looking to control my cravings, get more energy, and just feel healthier over all. My bad eating habits can come back fast and hard and I let my self control fly out the window. A healthier relationship with food would be my best outcome. I can do anything for 30 days. I know it will be a struggle but I'm okay with that. I've read, It Starts With Food and The Whole 30. I welcome any and all support and feedback! Let me know if you are starting on Tuesday!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I am starting tomorrow too! I am 32, a teacher, and a bit tired of letting food controlling me. I find it difficult to stick to something for more than 2 days I am fed up! :)

I only want to loose like 8 pounds really, the whole thing is about feeling healthier.

My big concern now is that 33 days from tomorrow I will be going on a 2 week holiday to Cuba I am terrified of ruining all my previous effort! This means that I am starting with a slight level of anxiety and I would like to stay focused and positive! may be some team work will help :)

looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi everyone

I am starting tomorrow as well, hoping this will help me get back in form. Had rotator cuff surgery on New Years Eve and the recovery has set me back, physically and mentally. But ready to go with the Whole 30 tomorrow, prepping my food for the week, new containers to bring food to work, very exciting! 

It's great to see so many people starting tomorrow! Looks like we will have lots of support! My meals are prepped for tomorrow, including a pre and post workout. Everyone will do great! We can do this. It's only 30 Days. It's not that hard. :-D. I plan to also visually document my experience on instagram, lalw30 if you'd like to follow along, no big deal if not! I plan to check back daily to see how everyone is doing!

Starting the Whole 30 and looking forward to feeling better! I live overseas so getting all the special ingredients has proven to be challenging, but I think it will be worth the effort.

Where abouts are you located Laura? There's quite a lot of folks outside the USA on the forums :)

Hi everyone! I'm also starting tomorrow! I eat pretty healthy and already have good habits around planning meals and cooking, but like many of you said, I'm also doing the Whole30 to improve my relationship with food. I'd like to break some habits of mindlessly eating or snacking when I'm stressed, and I think that intentionally doing this for 30 days should give me a good start. 

I'm also a type 1 diabetic, and am a little nervous about dealing with low blood sugars on the Whole30, so if anyone is has advice, I'd love to hear from you!

Steph

Hi! I am also starting my first W30 tomorrow! I thought it was a weird start date, so I'm happy to see others on here also starting tomorrow. A little about me....I am 36 years old, married, and a mother to a wonderfully active and nutty 6-year-old boy. I work in management and I am around food for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. I run around on my feet all day, but we are constantly eating at work! I desperately need to change my relationship with food. I do Crossfit and run/walk a few days a week and I'd really like to amp up my performance in both those areas. I'm both excited and scared to start this adventure. Time to food prep!

I'm also a type 1 diabetic, and am a little nervous about dealing with low blood sugars on the Whole30, so if anyone is has advice, I'd love to hear from you!

Steph

There's lots of info for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics, you'll find a lot of it in the medical section, or just go some searching (google works better than the forum search for public areas). I recommend keeping a food/exercise/how-you're-feeling log, so you review days where you think you needed some tweaking. Make sure your doctor knows you're changing your eating :)

Hello,

This is my third attempt at Whole30. I WILL finish all 30 days this time around. I am starting on February 17. I am an attorney and stay very active while training for marathons and half marathons. Currently in training for three half marathons (March, April and May). I am looking forward to reading about each of you and your journeys.

How's everyone doing today on day 1? My day one lunch and breakfast have been extremely filling. Keeping up on my water intake. Feel a little tired but that's to be expected, today is my Monday and didn't sleep the best.

Instagram: lalw30 - posting my food and journey as I go! Feel free to follow if you want, no pressure! I just plan to use it to document food and fitness along my journey, that's about it.

My day 1 has definitely been more challenging than expected... and not for the reasons I would have guessed. After bacon and eggs and avocado for breakfast and an enormous nicoise salad for lunch, I can't say that I'm hungry. But I am CRAVING sugar like I would never have guessed. I'm also about ready to kick the pages of the book that say that most cravings last for 3 minutes out the window since I have been feeling it since about 10:30 this morning. But, this is also exposing the fact that the sugary cereal I always told myself wasn't affecting me much really WAS affecting me and that my afternoon hot cocoa or candy breaks were keeping me on a leash. Just hoping that this feeling will ease up as the days and weeks go on. 

Also started crossfit yesterday to try and give myself a new challenge and keep my mind off eating, so my muscles are super tired. Going for a walk at about 3:30 today to give myself another distraction. At least there's chili-spiced pork shoulder in the crock pot for dinner tonight!

Day 1 was a success! I steered clear of the temptations around me and really focused on how I felt after each meal. I didn't bring a pwo meal for after Crossfit, but I planned ahead for tomorrow's workout and boiled some chicken. I'm also going to give olives a try for my pre-workout. Hope everyone had a great first day!

Challenging day 1. Did not manage to do any sports for other reasons and that made me drop motivation but I am heading to the gym right after work. I do not think I can manage not to weigh myself for 30 days....never attempted that before.

Foodwise, filling vegetable and salad plates. So far so good!

Where abouts are you located Laura? There's quite a lot of folks outside the USA on the forums :)

I work in Senegal, West Africa. We are located up country and we don't always have the freshest of anything here so I'm learning that planning for meals may mean a trip to the capital city in the next week or so.

Day 1 is today. I made sure to clean out my pantry and brought all items to my office and left them in the breakroom for others to take.

I did bring some emergency foods for me to keep in my office/store in the refrigerator, including pre-packaged almonds, an epic bar, Tuna in water, sliced turkey, and a couple of That's It bars.

I made pulled pork in the slow cooker for tonight and Thursday's dinner. I also made a cauliflower rice with mixed vegetables for tonight and tomorrow's dinner. i will add in an egg at the time of eating. I am monitoring my water intake. Due to my training, I am also monitoring my protein, carb, fat percentages to make sure I am getting in enough carbohydrates.

Archived