Loraine's log from down-under

Loraine

Went to a sort of farmers market yesterday and stocked up on locally grown veggies and meat. Bought some beef bones having read about the beef bone stock on here. Stuffed them into my crockpot late yesterday afternoon with a carrot and onion and left them on low until this morning and now have just over a litre of beef tea. Reminds me of what my Mum used to feed me as a child when I was sick (during and after WWII).. I cooked up 2 kilos of chicken wings in the oven for either snacking or to use as a meal with oil and hot sauce. Snagged some just in season asparagus grown not 40 miles away and had half last night with some chicken tenders dipped in egg and rolled in almond flour (meal would be better I think).

Bought some pet mince for the dog and sweet spuds (I don't like them, but they help to fill my little fella up and keep him trim and fit - so I guess he is also on Paleo).

I have ther second kilos of wings in the oven with a piece of beef.

I have been on Paleo properly since 21 Sept, started originally on the 3rd Sept, but fell off with ice-cream (willy me).

Brekky today was poached egg on a type of Atkins pseudo bread, cos I like my egg on something, although I have never been a big bread eater. Probably have the remaining chicken tenders for lunch with salad and beef and asparagus and white cabbage for dinner.

Loraine

Out of sync day today. Had a hospital appt. Courtesy car came to collect me at 10am for an 11am appt. Picked me up from the hospital and brought me home at 2pm. Had cast removed from left wrist Yay I can drive again.

Breakky was a protein shake with a small banana and coconut cream, (not the best, but I don't like my days mucked up) and I can't face solid food first thing in the mornings.

Lunch was chicken wings and coffee

Dinner will be chicken tenders and asparagus with some fruit and coconut cream..

Try putting your egg on a tomato slice or sautéed spinach. I know how you feel about solid food in the morning. Before Whole 30 I drank a smoothie every day. Mostly because I could take it in the car with me to work. I don't think we're supposed to "drink" breakfast on Whole 30. I have been downing 2 scrambled eggs on my way out the door or a hard boiled egg. I hate it but I a, doing it.

I hope your arm is feeling better.

Try putting your egg on a tomato slice or sautéed spinach. I know how you feel about solid food in the morning. Before Whole 30 I drank a smoothie every day. Mostly because I could take it in the car with me to work. I don't think we're supposed to "drink" breakfast on Whole 30. I have been downing 2 scrambled eggs on my way out the door or a hard boiled egg. I hate it but I a, doing it.

I hope your arm is feeling better.

Thanks Shelley, I can now drive again after 3 months off the road! Although resversing in a manual car is a bit painful.

I know that shakes are a no-no, but if I eat solids before I have been up for a couple of hours I get sick, and I knew that I would be out for a few hours and hit lunchtime, and be in a car with a volunteer driver who gets you around at their discretion. last thing I wanted was to be starving and only have the options in the Hospital cafeteria. I thought that a one off, emergency would not do too much harm. It didn't and I lost 1/4 pound !!

What happened to Saturday???? Not sure I can recall my menu for that day LOL, but it was in line with this plan.

Sunday now:

Breakfast 1 fried egg, bacon tomato and mushrooms.

Lunch will be cold roast beef with salad (heat kicking today YAY)

Dinner will prossibly be a piece of salmon or some prawns with salad that has avocado in it and a few walnuts.

Dog has had a walk, so starting to build up exercise again.

Weight down 1/4 pound again - that is making 3.75 pounds gone since Sept 1 (given that in the firt messed up period I had 2 choc bars and 3 ice creams, so not too shabby,. I am certainly feeling more in control of what goes in my mouth, and what goes in my shoping trolley.

Monday, public holiday, slept until 0830.

Brekky (mid morning) was poached egg on my fake bread (made from eggs, seeds, and coconut flour)

Lunch (mid afternoon)cold roast beef and salad. Paleo bar (bit like a lara bar)

I shall see if I am hungry later on.

Dog washed and clipped, and boy has that put pressure on my newly operted on wrist and thum. Poor dog looks not too fancy, I need to get a bit more hair of his hind legs - tomorrow will try and finish him off nicely.

Big shop for veggies and fruits today.

Brekky was e

2eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms

Lunch was an apple

Dinner will be fresh local fish dipped in almond flour and fried in c/nut oil, LOCAL asparagus and avocado, blueberries and 2 starwberries from my own garden.

One more week and I will move onto whatever the next phase is, must get reading again.

It is 1310 and I still have not even had breakfast, just not hungry, so it will be a big lunch of cold roast beef and mixed salad with a few walnuts.

Dinner will be Zoodles and Curried chicken, followed by 4 strawberries from my garden (got them before the snails) and maybe a dash of c/nut cream.

I am so proud of my little mini orchard. I have to mini apple trees, one mini peach and one mini cherry, all in huge pots, and all currently flowering. I started it a8 months ago, actually I have had the mini peach for about 10 years but the rest are new and I got apples of both trees last year. Somehow I managed to kil my rhubarb and two blueberry bushes - going to have to start those again.

Breakfast was 2 fied eggs and bacon.

Lunch TBA

Dinner will be fillet steak and asparagus and salad with avocado, 3 strawberries from the garden.

Had a good walk today. I have a yellow lab staying for a week whilst his humans are on hols in Bali. So the routine after moning ablustions was give the dogs some brekky and take the two of tem for a great walk. I had forgotten how much I enjoy and ealy morning wander. I really have not walked since my previous pooch passed over last Christmas. My little Iggy loves his big friend BJ, and they are just a barrel of laughs and great for walking.

I hve fake bread and banana muffins in the oven YUM.!!!

Saturday!

Breakfast was one of the banana and nut muffins I made yesterday.

Lunch Coffee with the dogs

Dinner will be a big salad with cold, cooked prawns, avocado, snow peas, lettuce, spring onions, radish, cucumber. Follwed by 4 strawberries with coconut cream.

This is the day of week I do my laundry and turn the dishwasher on, so a bit busy and trying not to trip over two dogs who both insist on being within licking range.

Sunday.

Fed the dogs their small breakfast, tidied around the place, then played ball in the garden with the two dogs. Had a poached egg on my fake paleo bread for breakfast.

Later had a cup of real coffee with a paleo muffin.

Salmon done in coconut cream and mixed salad for dinner, with just 2 strawberries from the garden with coconut cream.

Had a poached egg on my fake paleo bread for breakfast.

Later had a cup of real coffee with a paleo muffin.

Sounds really good but I'm not sure if this is part of the Whole30 program;

"In addition, no Paleo-ifying dessert or junk food choices. Trying to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold will ruin your program faster than you can say, “Paleo pizza.†This means no desserts or junk food made with “approved†ingredients—no coconut-flour pancakes, almond-flour muffins, flourless brownies, or coconut milk ice cream. Don't try to replicate junk food during your 30 days! That misses the point of the Whole30 entirely."

Sounds really good but I'm not sure if this is part of the Whole30 program;

"In addition, no Paleo-ifying dessert or junk food choices. Trying to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold will ruin your program faster than you can say, “Paleo pizza.†This means no desserts or junk food made with “approved†ingredients—no coconut-flour pancakes, almond-flour muffins, flourless brownies, or coconut milk ice cream. Don't try to replicate junk food during your 30 days! That misses the point of the Whole30 entirely."

Thanks for your input Natalia. I am well over 30 days and have just added new foods (coconut flour). My book arrrived today so that I can read up on how to transition properly.

Monday - brekky poached egg on fake bread (3eggs, flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds)

Lunch TBD

Dinner - cold prawns with mixed salad, no berries iready in the garden, so might have an apple or a banana.

Archived