Don't like avocados or olives

Roberta Morris Zukauskas

Home made Mayo!! It's the best and so easy. Here's a link to a great u-tube. Of course, you won't use Canola oil or the sugar, but the process is exactly how it works. I also use 1 whole egg to 1 1/4 cup light flavored olive oil and 1 TBS fresh lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp Whole30 compliant mustard.

• Moderators

I can't believe I'm recommending nuts to anyone, but nuts like macadamias and cashews are a decent source of fat. I recommend not eating them as snacks, but using them as ingredients in meals. A handful of nuts goes well with most salads and stir-fries.

And Ghee. Yes, it's a cooking fat, but it's also delicious just spread on roasted, steamed or sauteed veggies or even a steak. Also, making your own salad dressings by just using olive oil or mac or avocado oil (maybe you wouldn't like the avo oil) and then a little acid of your choice is a great way to add fat without cooking with it. So many fats...so little time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Eating them is not an option - I tried guacamole once and I was violently ill - so both the taste and the memories are not good. Olives make me gag...there are lots of other options fortunately...

Oh yes and I think you should NEVER force yourself to eat anything that you intensely dislike. Get used to something that you haven't tried before yes, force anything down, no.

Archived