Steakhouse dinner!!

fatty24

Hi all- on day 26 of my wife and I W30 journey, we will be celebrating an anniversary by going to a nearby resort. After reading the dining guide here, I'm confident we will be successful in being compliant eating at their fantastic steakhouse. One question I have however, is the seafood option I LOVE. It's a "Raw Bar Sampler" featuring king crab, lobster, oysters and shrimp. This falls under the W30 compliance right? Here's a link to their menu BTW- in case anyone has other suggestions.

http://www.grandgeneva.com/dining-entertainment-grand-geneva/restaurant-lake-geneva/documents/GenevaChopHouseMenuREV2015.pdf

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

• Moderators

I just checked the menu... you should be okay... just make sure that the seafood hasn't been soaked/marinaded or basted with butter or other non compliant items.  You probably can't have the cocktail sauce... you MAY be able to dip the seafood in the butter as long as you check and make sure it's clarified.

Thanks! I usually don't use butter with my seafood anyway-and loathe cocktail sauce. Just lemon juice and tabasco! One question though- Is Clarified butter the same a Ghee clarified butter? Or are they 2 different things?

Archived