Go to freezer to skillet (or microwave) meals

madmomma42

My husband and I are starting a whole 90 on March 1st. 

We have done 2 whole 30's before and the thing that was MOST annoying to us was not having easy meals on some nights...working late or those days that the 3 kids just wore us out...or on a weekend when we are crazy busy with family activities and we just dont want to cook! 

For our upcoming whole 90 I plan on having the following in the freezer for those crazy nights/weekends:(we can defrost these items and add a huge salad) 

Chocolate Chili from Well Fed put away in individually packed portions

Thai chicken meatballs freezing 3 or 4 to a portion,

Trader Joes Chili Lime Chicken burgers

Trader Joes Beef burgers

Adele's Chicken sausages

I would love other ideas for freezer meals! We LOVE casseroles & I would like to be able to fill my freezer with a bunch for days I know we can't cook from scratch.

Thanks!

batch cooking will save you. Personally, I'm not a big fan of frozen reheated food, but I don't mind eating food I cooked yesterday or two days ago, so I cook portions enough for a few days at a time and store them in the fridge. A quick reheat in a skillet on the stovetop and I'm eating.

Melissa Joulwan's "hot plates" are another great technique to get food on the table fast. http://meljoulwan.com/2013/07/27/whole30-week-1-food-plan/

I freeze meatballs in individual packages. They make a quick, grabable protein. I can throw them in a sauce and serve over vegs, They smash up well when I want to mix some cooked protein into something.

Ratatouille- quick and easy delicious servings of vegs. Also can throw some cooked protein into it and reheat.

Big batch of chicken thighs.

Good luck to you!

Meatloaf (can make in muffin tins to have individual portions)

shepherd's pie

regular meatballs

regular chili

pulled pork--make in the crockpot, shred, and freeze in individual portions

twice baked potatoes--bake sweet potatoes, scrape out innards and combine the flesh with chili powder, cooked onion, cooked ground beef, diced tomatoes etc...then stuff skins with the mixture and bake for 15 minutes until brown on top--they freeze well!

basically any soup is great in the freezer-I go to the dollar store and buy little plastic Tupperware bowls to proportion and freeze in individual servings

Archived