HELP!!!

I am trying desperately to get this going, but I don't feel my heart is entirely into it. 

Not to mention, I have a VERY stressful job and the one thing I love to do each night after a long day is have a nice glass (or two) of wine. I can, for the most part, stay away from breads, which I LOVE, but I need my cheese. 

It can also be very expensive to eat this way. Not to mention TIME! I don't have time to wake up and make breakfasts and I am not a huge dinner maker during the week.....

Yes, I know these are all excuses that can be debunked, but .... maybe I am just not cut out for this and am not that strong? :(

• Moderators

I don't think it's that you're not strong enough to do this. This might not be the right time for you if you're already pretty stressed, though. Changing the way you eat, giving up wine -- even though these things are good for you, they are stressors, and a body can only take so much stress.

There's another discussion where someone had many of the same concerns recently and got some good advice, you might find reading through it helpful: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/34291-too-picky-too-expensive-too-much-time/

There are plenty of discussions about things like quick breakfasts and things you can make ahead to save time in the morning.

For the wine at night, many people find that just having some kind of ritual is a good way to relax at the end of the day. Get home and make yourself a cup of tea or pour yourself a sparkling water with lime, sit down and relax for a minute. Or take a few minutes to meditate or stretch or do some yoga.

There are ways to address all of your concerns, but I'd start by writing out a list of reasons why doing whole30 is important to you, and put that list somewhere that you can see it and read through it often.

I had thought about doing a Whole30 for months and then wanted to start Jan1. Finally did it on Jan 25 and tomorrow I'll hit day 30!

What I'm trying to say is that maybe you need some time to "percolate" like I usually do.

Also, meal prep on the weekend? Cook up some protein and chop up some veggies. Prepare hard boiled eggs.

I also felt that making easy meals was the best for me. It doesn't take as long as I thought. I try sto stick to the meal template and keep it really simple.

Others might find that boring, but it totally works for me.

Good luck!

HELP!!!

I am trying desperately to get this going, but I don't feel my heart is entirely into it. 

Not to mention, I have a VERY stressful job and the one thing I love to do each night after a long day is have a nice glass (or two) of wine. I can, for the most part, stay away from breads, which I LOVE, but I need my cheese. 

It can also be very expensive to eat this way. Not to mention TIME! I don't have time to wake up and make breakfasts and I am not a huge dinner maker during the week.....

Yes, I know these are all excuses that can be debunked, but .... maybe I am just not cut out for this and am not that strong? :(

I am warning you  - you might not like what I have to say.  We are a bit well known for tough love around these parts.

When I read your post I see a lot of excuses.

We all have fairly stressful lives - and still manage to do this.  Actually I find I can manage stress better than before.

Do you honestly and truly think you NEED cheese?  Really?  It will not be leaving the planet after 30 days....

I see a lot of things here that make me think - yes you can do this - you just don't want to.....And that's fine.  No one is judging you for not wanting to do this.  We can't make you give up things that you are not willing to give up.

But I will also say - It's all about making yourself a priority.  Yes it will take more time at first - but then you learn this little thing like batch cooking and it actually does not take much time at all.

Yes to get yourself set up it might be a bit more in groceries - but honestly speaking over time we have saved more money eating this way as we no longer go out for dinner or I no longer pick up lunch 3 days a week.  There are no more expensive sugar laden breakfast cereals that sit in my grocery cart. I have made my health a priority - and because I feel so much better than I did - I continue to "eat this way".  It is 100% worth what "I had to give up".

I encourage you to make yourself a priority....Whole 30 is an excellent way of doing this.  Don't give into the excuses....

Archived