Iceland Road Trip post Whole30

Brass13

I'm currently on day 22 of my Whole 30 and am feeling great! I have no doubt that I will make it to the end with flying colours, and even still drink black coffee when I am done :-) This is quite a feat, considering I live in a house with 8 other people (myDH, 5 teen/pre-teen boys and 2 inlaws!) and none of them are doing the whole30 with me. My two biggest challenges have been not digging into the bowl of SmartFood (a.k.a."Crack" in our household!) that my husband decided to nibble on right beside me and resisting the fries at the local hockey arena (rally??? what is better than Arena fries smothered in gravy???) during my son's first game....however, I was successful in both regards! I will say though, that I'm not sure what I miss more...wine or cheese?!?

Here's my conundrum....The day after I finish my Whole30, I am traveling to Iceland with my DH and 3 friends for a 7 day road trip along the Ring Road, and again, I will be the only one paying attention to what I am eating. Although I plan to stick as close to Whole30 as I can, I have no idea when I'll ever be in Iceland again, so also plan to enjoy some of the local delicacies, which are not all compliant. I'm okay with this and plan on starting another Whole30 upon my return.

Do you have any suggestions for foods I can take with me on the plane for the road?? I plan on taking almond butter, nuts, dried fruit and if I have time to make it, beef jerky. Any other suggestions? I would just like to be prepared for those times when we are in the middle of no where and the only option for food is a gas bar hot dog!! ( Although, I do hear they are a "must try"!)

Thanks!

Angie

Archived