Best Pan for Egg Fritatta

StevenJ

A week into our first Whole30 and doing great!  Made the egg fritatta for the second time this morning and it was very good.  I have been using our stainless steel pan to finish the fritatta in the oven, but the fritatta sticks and cleanup takes longer than I would like.  I did not use our stainless pan with a non-stick coating because most of the pans caution about using the non-stick coatings with high heat.  The picture in the Whole30 book shows what looks to be a ceramic coated pan, but the non-stick coated pans I've seen are usually limited to considerably less than the 500 degrees recommended for the frittata. I'd like to know what you have found to be the best pan to use for egg fritattas that minimizes sticking and lengthy cleanup.

It's kind of contradictory seeing as how frittata means fried but I cook mine entirely in the oven in a large, deep ceramic coated oven proof dish - kind of like a crustless quiche.

I just chop all the veg I want to use, add them to the dish, brown my ground beef (if I'm adding any) & add that to the dish, whisk up my eggs, pour over the veg/meat mix, add any seasoning and then cook in the oven for around 30mins. Allow to cool then cut into wedges & refrigerate.

I tend to undercook mine very slightly so that it doesn't dry out on re-heating.

• Moderators

I have a 35-year-old aluminum skillet that works great. It may be what fat you are using or how much fat you are using. I had some trouble when using beef tallow, but things worked nicely with coconut oil, ghee, or olive oil. And I put a generous amount of fat in my skillet and swirl it around to cover all the surfaces that I will soon cover with the egg mixture. 

Archived