NeatoNat

I am a 30 year old woman, 2 children, no history (that I know of) of hormonal dysfunction. I have, since puberty, been very hairy. Even a "happy trail" and a small furry trail down my chest. I've noticed that it's become progressively worse over the past decade. Anyways, I am on day 21 of my first Whole30. I just noticed today that my belly/chest hair is almost gone! I'll also note that after the first week, my cystic back acne was completely gone as well. Would this suggest that I indeed did have some type of undiagnosed hormonal issue? Anyone else experience this?

Changes in hair is usually hormone related, so you could possibly have resolved something that's been a bit out of balance, keep an eye on it when you're doing Reintroductions. You could do a slower roll if you want to monitor hair growth (it's not really very speedy).

While modern society tends to be anti-hair, people were quite healthy with lots of hair before there were clothes flashing armpits and legs, so hair does not always mean bad :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 35 and on day 22 of my first Whole30. I've been getting pesky chin hairs since I was 29. I would typically pluck one to two hairs every week, but I've barely had to pluck any while doing Whole30. I just jumped onto the forum to see if anyone else has experienced this. This is huge for me! Not that my problem was a major or chronic condition, but it was inconvenient and I always worried that someone would notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived