Added sugar post-Whole30...how strict are you all?

Snappy Shark

Post whole 30 I don't eat anything with added sugar that's not a sweet food, like the red peppers or sausage with added sugar...I don't see the point because red peppers and sausage without sugar are delicious and easy to find in stores. I do, however, eat added sugar in things that are sweet, like an occasional dark chocolate bar...I also eat a ton of fruit and my go to PMS sweets are usually ripe bananas, peaches or carrots with gobs of nut butter or oven roasted sweet potatoes with tons of salt :) This works really well for me...find what works for you :)

I, too, am too scared of the sugar dragon coming back to indulge in sugary foods post Whole30.

That being said, the sugar I have added in has been sugar in the curing process of local meats. Applewood Farms bacon has cane juice listed as an ingredient but for "sugars" it says "0.". It isn't sweet and not something I would have had during the Whole30 but since I have indulged in it.

Same for Larabars. When I've been at celebration dinners and friends order dessert, I pull out a Larabar- again, not something to do during a Whole30 because it's like a "legal" dessert but psychologically a dessert but post Whole30 has been a way to keep from feeling sick from (and bad about) food choices.

Archived