Round 2 AGAIN...

Jenny B

Day 16

I didn't really have time to login over the weekend.  Breakfast was pretty much the same.  We did go out to dinner on Saturday night to Snappy Salads.  Super yummy place, and everything is grass-fed, organic and made fresh daily.  My mental game this weekend was really hard on me.  I definitely had several talks with myself about not going off plan.  I just was over it.  But, I stayed compliant.  However, I snacked a lot on Saturday (cashews and grapes).  My husband is basically is not complaint anymore, neither is my Mom.  LOL!  But, I have seen such tremendous improvement in my gut that I really can't afford to go off the rails.  I really want to nail down what exactly is the culprit (or if it was just a eatling like crap regulary) that disrupts my gut. Plus I really need to lose some weight. I don't feel like I have lost anything: no clothes are looser or anything.  Oh well, we will see...

M1: Scrambled hash

M2: Salad (lots of good stuff), and homemade chicken wings (and OMG the Tessemae's buffalo sauce - AMAZING) Plus a handful of grapes/blackberries.

M3: Leftover chili

I did not bring any snack foods today.  No nuts.  I don't think they mess with my gut or anything but I feel like I use them as crutch to graze.

Over half way through.  Pretty proud of myself for sticking to it.  Round 2 is definitely harder than Round1.  Just saying. :unsure:

Day 17

Well I ended up going home early from work yesterday - and I had some nuts.  Less that usual, but I had them.  I am had to take today off from work, because I had some maintenance stuff that needed to be done.  I have not eaten any nuts today!  WOO HOO!!!  

It is interesting - last Whole30 (in July) I lost about 11.5 lbs.  And I could tell.  This time around I don't think I have lost anything.  That is going to be a major downer, considering I had gained all the weight back that I lost.  I don't really know how to come to terms with that - but I don't have to till day 31.  

M1: Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes/green onions

M2: Salad, asparagus and chicken wings

M3: Pot roast (roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery

Day 18

I did not eat any nuts yesterday - no snacks.  Phew!  I feel pretty good about that and hopefully I can break that snacking habit.  I know that I eat when I am bored and that is a hard habit to break.  I wish there was some magic solution to quit doing that, but I guess willpower is what it is going to have to be for now. I am hoping one day I don't even think about it.  That would be wonderful.  :D

M1: Scrambled eggs, bacon, green onions and a mandarin

M2: Leftover pot roast with some pineapple

M3: I took out chicken. I think I am going to do chicken fajitas (peppers, onions, jalapenos) but that could change.

I have noticed that my skin is getting a little clearer.  I am blond, so I tend to have a lot of red in my skin.  I think it has diminished a little bit.  Still don't have that tiger blood, but I can't really say I felt that during my first Whole30. 

Day 19

No nuts again yesterday. I am having a hard time with staying complaint. My mental head game is really messing with me.  I really do not think I have lost any weight and it is really frustrating. My clothes do not fit any better and I don't notice any other physical changes.  Maybe my body needs more time?  Could I be eating too much, too little? Like I mentioned previously my first Whole30 I felt pretty good and lost over 10 lbs.  That was great. I was starting this round with that weight gained back as well as 5 more pounds.  So fricking frustrated.  I know, blah blah blah.  This isn't just about weight loss, but it is a major factor for me. I am about 25-30 pounds over weight and it is driving me insane.  So needless to say my mental head game is like forget it just go eat whatever.  Obviously I haven't and I won't since I am on Day 19. I am too obsessive to quit this far in the game.

M1: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and mandarin orange (yes no veggies this morning cause I just am annoyed)

M2: I may run up to Jason's Deli or Chipotle and get a salad.  Haven't decided yet.

M3: Grilled chicken breast, green beans with garlic, and some potatoes

Day 20

I woke up in a much better place this morning.  It is a journey.  I sure didn't put on 25-30 lbs in a month.  So, I am back to just trusting the process.  I am 2/3 of the way through.  I plan on doing the reintroduction to see if I can pinpoint what is causing my constipation. I thought it might be dairy, but reading through other posts maybe it is gluten.  We will see.  I am really trying hard to focus on this being a lifestyle change.  I know I won't be 100% compliant all the time, but it definitely needs to be the norm.  I may just do another whole30 after the reintroduction.  Who knows, I will decide on Day 31.  

So, I ended up running up to Chipotle yesterday for lunch. I really felt I needed something different.  So, I got a salad with the carnitats.  I realized it wasn't great, and I could have fixed something better.  Although it was nice to not think about it.  Dinner was grilled chicken breasts, green beans, and grilled onions, peppers and red potatoes. Very tasty!

M1: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and the left over grilled veggies from last night

M2: Salad

M3: Pork chops and something.

Day 21

So far so good! I am feeling petty good today. I feel like I am finally breaking free of the snacking. It feels amazing. I am starting to think past the whole30 and trying to get an idea of what that looks like. I am going to work on the reintroduction plan next week. I am excited to finally find out what causes my constipation.

Plus no it's for me. Yay!!! That is pretty freeing.

M1: scrambled eggs bacon grilled veggies

M2: pork chops mashed potatoes and cucumbers and tomatoes

M3: Snappy Salads. Yummy!!!

Day 23

Busy Busy weekend!  Day 21 dinner actually was late at night.  We went out to celebrate a special occasion and we ended up at Chilis. I ended up ordering a grilled chicken breast with pico on top, and a side of asparagus, garlic and tomatoes.  I subbed out the the veggies from their rice/beans.  Then everyone ordered desserts.  Does anyone else notice that the smell of food is stronger?  Weird.  Anyway, everyone's desserts looked and smelled amazing.  But I politely said no.  Then when everyone was done and talking about how stuffed they were, I just sat back and said I feel great!  Ha!  Do you love how everyone says, OMG - how are you doing/eating that way?  I say its not that difficult - it is just whole foods....  Yesterday, Day 22 was nice. We went to my mom's house for dinner.  I asked if she could make me some clarified butter or I could bring mine since she was making some roasted potatoes with garlic. She made it!  So, dinner was filet mignon, potatoes with garlic, peppers/onions, green beans and some tomatoes and cucumbers.  Super yummy and I have it for lunch today!

I am feeling pretty good overall.  I have noticed that my wonderful regularity has kind of curbed over the last few days. Could it be that I took out the nuts?  Maybe that is my magic solution?  Or just need to add more fat in period.  I will have to see how this plays out. That is the only thingI have changed in my diet though. I think I will pose this question in another forum.

M1: Scrambled eggs, bacon, and tomatoes

M2: Filet, pototoes and peppers/onions  - side of pineaplle/grapes

M3: Chicken Wings w/ Tessemae's Buffalo Sauce, tomatoes/cucumbers and potatoes

Day 24 

6 days left. I didn't get a chance to work on my reintroduction yesterday but I plan on doing that today.  I need some clarification on gluten containing grains.  Looks like it mentions whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta.  I don't usually eat that, so I am wondering if a regular english muffin would work and regular pasta. 

I was really enjoying going to the bathroom every morning. I hope it doesn't go away for good. I thought this was my saving grace from taking pills, etc. I didn't use the bathroom yesterday.  I posted the question in the ladies room.

M1: Scramble hash: bacon fat, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, potatoes, onions and tomatoes

M2: Taco Salad: lettuce, home made pico and hamburger meat seasoned.  With some homemade salsa.  I am assuming my fat just comes from the meat.

M3: Hamburgers, grilled onions/mushrooms.  potatoes and cucumbers/tomatoes - with balsamic dressing.

Here is my reintroduction plan.  I posted it in the reintroduction section as well to see if I can get some feedback.

Day 1, Tuesday, March 22nd

LEGUMES – I don’t ever eat beans so need to reintroduce

M1: Breakfast and Apple w/ peanut butter

M2: Lunch and a handful of peanuts

M3: Dinner and soy sauce

Day 2/3 Compliant

Day 4, Friday, March 25th

Non Gluten Grains

M1: Breakfast and some popcorn (I like popcorn but I can't think of anything else that I eat that I could put here)

M2: Lunch and white rice

M3: Dinner and corn tortilla chips

Day 5/6 Complaint

Day 7, Monday, March 28th

Dairy – the only dairy I really eat is cheese – every blue moon ice cream and milk

M1: Breakfast and milk

M2: Lunch and cheese

M3: Dinner and some ice cream

Day 8/9 Compliant

Day 10, Thursday, March 31st

Gluten containing grains

M1: Breakfast and English muffin

M2: Lunch and (sandwich with white bread) I usually eat Honey Whole Wheat. I don't know if that is okay or not?

M3: Dinner and regular pasta

Day 25

Wow, 5 more days.  I will do my reintroduction to just see what happens, but I think I will try to stick to this way of eating most of the time. Hopefully that works.  I am usually better with black/white though.  So, I am afraid if I give a little then I will fall back into bad habits. I think I just need to be really aware of what I am eating and when, and make adjustments quickly if I need too.

Last night for dinner ended up being hamburger with grilled onions on top. Potatoes, and grilled veggies (broccoli, zuchinni, squash, asparagus, red peppers). Didn't love the broccoli but ate it anyway.

M1: Scrambled hash: bacon grease, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, green onions, pototoes and tomatoes

M2: Taco salad: lettuce, homemade pico, hamburger meat (homemade seasoning), homemade salsa. I grabbed some nuts.  I was in a hurry this morning.

M3: Chicken breast (slow cooking), roasted veggies - zuchinni, carrots, red potatoes, onions and peppers.

Day 26

Down to the home stretch now.  I am so happy that I was able to stick with it for this round of Whole30. I personally believe this one was harder, but I think I learned more this time around.

M1: Scrambled hash: bacon grease, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, green onions, pototoes and tomatoes

M2: Salad with chicken

M3: Still working on this one.  I need to stop by the store.

Day 27

Dinner last night was so good. I used my electric skillet and cooked pork loin, carrots, onions, and baby red potatoes.  I had a salad as well.  So yummy. 

I am changing up my reintroduction plan. My mom's birthday is the 22nd of March - which will be my first day of reintroduction. We will be going to dinner to Outback.  So, I don't have to worry about butter on the steak and potatoes I am going to reintroduce dairy the first time instead of legumes.  I will switch them from my order above. 

I had friends that went to a Tapas restaurant last night. I didn't go, because I just felt I would probably eat off plan and I only have 4 days left.  That would have just been silly.  I had looked at their menu and their was hardly anything I could eat. So, I passed and fixed myself my great dinner listed above!

M1: Scrambled hash: eggs, bacon, potatoes, onions and tomatoes

M2: Leftovers from last night, pork, carrots, potatoes onions and salad with Tessemae's balsamic dressing

M3: Something easy - maybe burgers or spaghetti squash

Day 28

Kind of over it today.  LOL!  But I will soldier on. I really am not over my food choices, just over convenience.  I am trying to change my mindset of "I can't have that" to "That really isn't worth it for me."  Obviously right now it is I can't have it - unless of course I wanted to just throw in the towel on Day 28. THAT IS SO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.  I am to competitive with myself to give in now.  Plus overall I feel good.  I can't say I ever found that Tiger Blood everyone is talking about.  

Last night ended up being a burger with grilled onions, tomatoes and green chillis on top.  Side of potatoes and a salad. Easy peasy.

Today:

M1: potatoes/onions/carrots.  eggs and bacon

M2: HUGE salad with chicken, spinach, spring mix, romaine, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and balsamic dressing (Tessemae's)

M3: Pork green chili - my husband's recipe - so good.  All vegetables are roasted and then chopped with the pork.  Can't wait!

Well, holy sh*t. DAY 30  WOO HOO!!!!!

I made it!  I feel pretty damn good.  Still deciding on how my reintro will go.  If I will just do a slow roll or do the rigid schedule.  Feeling pretty good today!

I was so busy yesterday I didn't get a chance to post.  I ate compliant - breakfast was 2 fried eggs, hash browns with green onions and jalapenos, bacon, and some tomatoes.  Lunch: Snappy salads _ HUGE salad with tons of veggies and chicken. Dinner: steak, baked potato, salad.  ALL YUMMY.

M1: Scrambled eggs, hashbrowns with green onions/peppers and bacon

M2: Pork Green chil with a baked potato

M3: Chicken or hamburger.  Both are ready to eat so just depends what I feel like.  Probably some grilled veggies of some sort with it.

Day 31 

Well I was going to start my reintro today, but I didn't really shop for any of that stuff over the weekend.  So, I need to regroup and will start once I have some ingredients in the house to do it right. So, today is Day31.  So, my scale broke.  LOL, go figure!  I weighed around the same time at the gym.  I plan on going there on Thursday, so I will just weigh at that time.  Kind of funny if you think about it. I was so concerned about not losing enough weight or any weight - now I am waiting longer.  Oh well, I am actually at peace with it.  The number will not make me feel any less or more accomplished that what I already achieved.

I swear my eyes are greener (I have hazel eyes) and clearer. My skin freaked out this morning for some reason, but I have pretty sensitive skin. It was clearer, but I went to the gun range yesterday evening and I am wondering if the gun powder etc. affected my skin.  Who knows. 

M1: Scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes

M2: Huge salad with chicken and Tessemae's balsamic dressing

M3: Hambugers with grilled mushrooms/onions.  Side of potatoes and cucumbers/tomatoes

Archived