Wilderness meal ideas

Hi all, I have spent a great deal of time scanning the posts but haven't seen my particular question asked yet. My husband and I are going on a 4 day cross country ski trip. This involves skiing in a wilderness setting upwards of 30 km's a day. I am looking for any suggestions for trail food. I know I can bring nuts and dried fruit and home-made jerky but after a couple of days these options start to wear thin. I'm not too concerned with the high sugar content of the fruit as the ski trails we're going to are very challenging and we will need the extra glucose these will provide. Any creative ( light weight, as we have to carry things) ideas that I have overlooked? Thanks for any insight

• Administrators

Are you planning to try and stay on a Whole30 using just lightweight dried fruit and nuts for four days while skiing 120km?  I really hope I'm misreading this.  As jerky, nuts and dried fruits are snacks, what were your plans for actual meals?  It's possible that it is unrealistic to be doing a Whole30 while also taking on this trip. 

Archived