Shelley's Blog

shelley417

Maybe it's because I have been low carb gluten free sugar free for 3 months and Paleo the last month but I have not experienced the tiredness or grouchiness---- at least so far. In fact today was a religios fast day for me and I think it was my easiest fast that I can remember in a long time. I made the break the fast. It included bagels and cream cheese, apple piecand halavah. I ate the lox on tomatoes with lemon juice. I didn't crave the bagels or the pie or the wine ( which prior to starting was the one thing I really hated to give up). BUT-- when I put out the 2% Fage Greek Yogurt--/ oh how I wanted that beautiful white fluffy tangy yogurt. But I did not.

No breakfast or lunch.

Dinner: frittata with spinach, onions and mushrooms

Lox, onion and tomato

Strawberries and blueberries.

Day 4. I was late (again--got to address this!) going out the door to work and left my breakfast (hard boiled egg) and my lunch In the fridge. I had a Finance committee meeting at 9 and a Board meeting at 10 so I was distracted from food. Drank a lot of water. After the meetings I wasn't really that hungry. My husband and I made plans to go to dinner with friends. They picked a place with just bar food. I found it remarkably easy not to drink---and I thought that giving up liquor/wine which I drank everyday would be the hardest part. Surprise!!!

Lunch out: sad with grilled chicken and oil and vinegar.

Dinner out: hamburger with bacon and no bun. Lettuce and tomato.

Pretty boring dinner. I skipped the fish dip that was ordered for the table. But I concentrate on being with people I like and drinking alot of water. We did talk about eating and we each talked about things we have eliminated from our diets. So no judgement made it easier.

Day 5. Once again quickly downed the 2 scrambled eggs. They are great plain fried in ghee.

Lunch out: at Duffys. drafthouse salad without the gorgonzola. salad with chicken, eggs, avocado, and bacon with oil and vinegar.

Dinner at country club. Big challenge-- no drinking and no ice cream bar for dessert. My grand- babies were there. Just concentrated on how much fun they are and not the food.

Dinner: roast beef, string beans, broccoli.

Day 7. Sunday. Went to the grocery store to stock up. Yesterday I looked at the kosher chicken stock and saw it had sugar. Made 2 ATMs of chicken stock, short ribs, curried chicken, Asian cauliflower rice, roasted kale. I love to cook but I Spent half the day cooking. I only have 2 days off. This could get tricky!

Breakfast: omelette with onion,spinach and mushroom

Lunch: chicken curry and kale chips

Dinner: chicken curry and cauliflower

Easy food day.

Archived