Hi! I'm on day 2- February 24, 2016. Excited and nervous.

Jupiter99

This is my first Whole30. I've never been able to stick with a strict plan due to my mood becoming affected (irritable, mostly). It was helpful to read in the Whole30 book that cravings, on average, last between 3-5 minutes. I've been tracking this and so far it rings true for me. My biggest challenge in all of 2 days is finding the time to get food on the fly. I haven't found one prepared food without sugar, which is eye-opening. I gave up wine a week prior and sleep so much better. Anyway, looking forward to the challenge!

I re-started Whole30 yesterday. After having gone 13 days initially, I got derailed during an extremely long and busy weekend of working, (I planned and packed meals to take with me, but never had the time to eat more than one meal a day for a few days.) Then, I was ready to re-start right away, but I severely mangled a finger with my immersion blender while making sweet potato puree for Whole 30 Shepard's Pie. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches. So, for the past two weeks, I haven't been able to prep or prepare my food. Now, I'm able to use my hand more, so I'm starting again. I was already feeling the benefits of Whole30, I had more energy, my pants fit better, my endurance at the gym was increasing. So, I'm happy to be re-starting and look forward to completing this Whole30 successfully.

LadyJ: Wow, I'm beginning to think those immersion blenders can be a little dangerous. I used my mom's old one yesterday for the first time. I spilled coffee all over the place. I finally went on YouTube to find out how to use the darned things.

Thank you, I felt pretty ridiculous explaining what happened when I was in the emergency room! When I told them I was making whole 30 shepard's pie, they all wanted the recipe!!!

Archived