I'm starting today... any advice?

TraciMichele

Hi there. I've eaten this way in the past and can't seem to make it past a week or two of eating like this. When I've done it in the past I've felt alive and amazing! Help? What helps you stay on track and not give in?

I'm starting today and am determined to make it to May 31st and hopefully longer!

Traci

I just started yesterday! I have never completed a whole30 before but I know I can do this. Always have food prepared so you don't make the "excuse" to grab something non-paleo. Write down 10 reasons you want to do the whole30 and keep it with you. I have mine saved on my BlackBerry for quick reference. Look at the list every time you want to cheat or give up. Realize that it is only 30 days! Think about the junk you (& me & many others) have been eating for years, give Paleo 30 days and you will be so thrilled you did! :) Also, be careful not to overdo it on the nuts & fruit! Good luck to you!!

Feeling alive and amazing! That's what keeps us all going!

Like Pink Elephant said, being well prepared is vitally important. Having group support is great as well. This forum is designed to meet that need! I also enjoy reading lots of good books, articles, blogs, etc... That seems to help with focus and willpower, too.

Check out Whole9's blog. It is a wealth of information!

Archived