Should I bring fruit back?

san628

I am on day 18 and was feeling pretty good until about three days ago. I posted yesterday about how I felt I was feeling puffy and achy and possibly retaining water. The only thing I have done differently these past few days is cut down from about three fruits per day to zero or one. I don't feel like I have lost any inches or look any differently so far. I read that other people didn't lose weight if they were eating nuts and/or fruits so i cut them both out and am now feeling low energy and blah. Should I go back to fruit?

I was thinking about the Carb flu but thought it would have been much sooner as I'm on Day 18. I also had a light headed feeling earlier for a bit for just a minutes when I felt a bit dizzy. So I should keep out the fruits still and try and get through it?

Don't be disappointed so soon! From what I've read on here (and from my own experiences), inches, bloating and headaches are going to fluctuate for a bit, perhaps beyond the thirty days. If you feel like you've made a connection between fruit consumption and feeling less-than-stellar, that's great! You're learning how to read the feedback your body gives you in response to different types of foods. It sounds like you might still be fighting the sugar demon and cutting down on fruit to 0-1 servings per day might be a thing to try. To compensate for the lack of carbs, start by trying to eat a starchy veggie (e.g. some winter squash, 1/2 sweet potato, etc.) with every meal and see how that correlates with your lightheaded feelings.

Good luck and keep with it! It might take a while before you figure out what works for your body. It's like a science experiment - you don't figure out what feels good without tinkering a bit. :)

PS. I wanted to add that if you're active, and used to exercising strenuously, I recommend that you tone it down a bit before the lightheadedness goes away...I struggled with something similar during my Whole30 until about Day20 or so, and I was in no shape to be logging miles or lifting heavy things while my body was trying to figure out how to burn fat instead of carbs.

Hang in there! I promise it's worth it.

Thanks. I did stop the running but have done crossfit three nights this week. I def can't give that up because it totally releases my stress. Thanks for the support! I have no intention of quitting and will prob go longer than the 30 as I totally don't think my body has switched over yet.

Archived