Coconut Milk in MD

aped

Has anyone in MD found coconut milk that doesn't have guar gum or other crap in it? I found a cheapo brand at Walmart (of all places!) that doesn't have anything, but coconut and milk--however, i'm a little concerned they may be fibbing. Sigh......

I think you'll have more success at asian/international grocery stores. I don't know where you are in MD, but I was in Silver Spring last week and bought a bunch of Whole30 compliant coconut milk and coconut cream at a place named Korean Korner. I find that any store that has a lot of Thai products tends to have a great selection of coconut items!

I'd try an asian market but again, guar gum is ok. And I second the question on coconut and milk???? That doesn't sound right to me. Could you ask your natural food store to order you in some? I live part-time in NYC when I am commuting for work and my local store will order a case (usually 12 cans) for me, sometimes they even let me split the case and they keep 6 cans for their shelf. If they will order it I like Native Forest Brand.

Wow, I totally thought guar gum was out. I thought I read that in the book. I'll have to go back and look. If that is the case, then I have tons of options. And, I meant for the ingredients being "coconut and water." Whoopsy. Not coconut and milk. :)

Thanks everyone!

Wow, I totally thought guar gum was out. I thought I read that in the book. I'll have to go back and look. If that is the case, then I have tons of options. And, I meant for the ingredients being "coconut and water." Whoopsy. Not coconut and milk. :)

Thanks everyone!

We were all so puzzled. :)

Archived