Delayed days 3 and 4 effect?

Kate LeKites

Okay, yesterday (Day 3) went surprisingly well. Day 4 is starting out pretty well also, despite some pretty significant emotional upheaval this week. Maybe I was eating better than I thought before and my body isn't reacting very strongly? Ha, I seriously doubt that! Maybe because I worked night shift for the last two nights (a situation/hormone disruptor I am hoping to change soon), my body thinks I'm just having a really long Day 2??? Maybe I'm still eating too many carb-dense foods so my brain doesn't feel deprived yet? Or maybe my brain is too tired to realize what's going on yet?

Even though I don't WANT to experience those hellish days, I feel I should so I know I'm working the steps, so to speak.

Everyone is different. Day 2 brought in withdrawal for me. Day 4 brought on extreme bitchiness. I never had the 'carb flu' thing. I was tired at the end of week 1, but after that things were pretty smooth. I used the positive changes as a way to gage my progress.

Well, ask and you shall receive! I had a bit of a headache all day yesterday, which no amount of water helped. It was a tolerable pain level though, and is better today. I also had a bad food dream last night and woke with some guilt. Going to try to get in a much needed walk today. I'm working night shift this weekend but hope to find out Monday that this shift will soon be coming to an end! I know my progress will be greatly improved by this change. Depending on when my shift changes, I may extend this to a W60 or W90 so my sleep patterns and diet can better support each other.

Archived