Hello all. My name is Cassi. I completed a round of whole30 in January. I took a few days off (but remained true minus 1 meal) and began another round during Jan/Feb. I lost 15 lbs my first round and I'm thinking I've lost 5 this round. I do feel so much better overall in many different aspects of my life.

Tomorrow will be my last day of this round. Here's where I stand. I weigh over 200 lbs. and I'm 25 years old. I realize weight loss is not the goal of whole30. For me to live a healthy, longer life, I believe weight loss is essential. I'm wondering what my next step should be and I'm hoping others have been in my position.... Did you switch to paleo? Did you stay on for a whole 60, 90, or 100? I love how I feel and I want to keep eating well. I also want to do it in a healthy/beneficial way. I want to find a healthy lifestyle that continues to have the 'side effects' of weight loss.

Thank you sincerely in advance for any suggestions/insight!

I finished my 3rd W30 at the end of January and I want to continue to lose some weight as well as understand more about my relationship to food that got me to this point. I think doing reintroduction is critical to my process but I'm not in any hurry. I picked a day to do a yogurt reintro. I picked another day a few weeks later to do gluten. The rest of the time I'm eating template meals, following the recommendations, and not worrying if a bit of sugar creeps in with a condiment. I'm thinking I might do an oatmeal reintro soon. I'm just picking things that I might want to have in the future so I can test them. For me, just because 30 days passed doesn't mean I'm done with the process.

Sounds like you're doing a great job -carry on!

Archived