identify symptoms and allergic reaction

getoffutt

I successfully completed my first Whole30 and have gone through the long version of the reintroduction plan, however, with a few hiccups.  I am now trying to figure out why I am having some lip swelling, tingling and blisters around my mouth as well as inflammation and itching around a hernia near my annus (sorry to be so graphic!)  During the reintroduction I did learn that I am gluten sensitive, so am avoiding these foods. I also may have had a slight reaction to soy products on the legumes day.  I am now trying to figure out from what I have eaten in the last few days, which could be causing this reaction.  I have eaten:  eggs, spinach, veggie soup (Weight Watcher's cabbage soup), chicken, bananas, wine, steak, apple, macadamia nuts, cashews, tomatoes, apple cider, mangos, coffee, coconut milk, turkey lunch meat, and Rudi's gluten free bread.  I am thinking that I need to go back to a full Whole30 and then reintroduce again.  But is there something that I am eating currently that is causing this?  

Unfortunately only by eliminating & then reintroducing will you be able to identify the trigger.

There are a number of well known allergens in the foods that you have listed, but if you were NOT having these symptoms during your Whole30 then I'd start with eliminating anything you've added back in since then & start re-introing one by one.

If you weren't eating it before Whole30 I'd ditch that bread. Stuff in there that would make me feel sick: canola oil, brown rice flour, sorghum and chia. I'm always suspicious of lunch meat if I'm not feeling well too.

Double check your apple cider and wine are gluten free, some are made in barrels that are sealed with a gluten based paste.

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I never had gluten free bread before Whole 30, only regular bread.  I didn't know that I had a gluten sensitivity until doing Whole 30 and then reintroducing gluten on the particular day. My reaction was not the swollen lips and blisters, but an immediate headache, brain fog, drowsy, and bloating.  As for the Apple cider and the wine, they were both gluten free.  Could acidity for things like coffee, wine, cabbage, tomatoes be causing the burning, blistered lips? I do think I need to start all over again Whole 30 and reintroduce some of these items over again.  

Archived