DAY 7 and I WANT TO CRY!

Gemmie

Hi everyone,

I am on day 7 and I feel like I want to cry.  I don't know what is wrong with me but I just feel like I have no desire to do anything and I feel so sad.  I have been taking meds for depression for a long time (20 years) and haven't ever felt like this...just feel like I want to give up and have no idea what is going on with me.  I feel so raw and vulnerable right now and sooooo lonely.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?  Is this normal?  I don't want to give up on the whole30, I just don't know what to do.

thanks for any help you can offer :)

Hi Gemmie - are you including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg per day? And also generous servings of healthy fats? I know the last time I looked at your log you were seriously lacking in both except for your avocado at breakfast, and you don't appear to have updated it since then. Both starches and fat will help with mood, energy & feelings of anxiety - particularly if you are prone to depression....

thank you jmcbn for your quick reply...I think I may need to add more starchy veggies...I am just feeling like I don't even have the motivation to prepare so much...I put in a call to my psychiatrist to discuss increasing the med I am on as I am on a new one which I have only been taking for 3 weeks now and I may need to increase the dose, just not sure what to do.  I will have some sweet potato at lunch today for sure!

Some people need as much as three fists of starchy veg every day, so if you're feeling bad, don't skimp, ramp it up! Low blood sugar is a trigger for some people, so make sure you're eating enough. You can always dial it down again when you're feeling better.

An easy prep for sweet potato is to bake them whole and then scoop out the cooked insides.

Archived