DAY 7-I need help please

Gemmie

Hello everyone,

I am on day 7 and I already posted about wanting to cry today...I added more sweet potato and avocado today and felt a bit better, but I just don't have any motivation to do anything...I have to force myself to cook my 3 meals a day and eat them which is feeling like a terrible chore.  My appetite is gone completely, which I know is a sign that my hormones are out of balance.  Before the whole30, I never ate breakfasr and ate a very small dinner. In addition, I have hashimoto's thyroiditis...should I be eliminating nightshades as well?  

I also feel terribly depressed, lonely and isolated and don't feel like taking any steps to change this...I don't understand what is wrong with me.  I have already contacted my psych doctor to ask him to increase my antidepressant, but I wasn't feeling like this before starting the whole 30 and I am genuinely concerned.  I am doing all the right things dietwise...will this get better?

On Day 7 the lack of motivation is not unusual (I just want a nap) - http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

but the level of depression may be not eating enough (or it could be the new medication).

Eat an extra meal if you can, see how you feel, if you've not been eating enough, it can take more than a day to catch up.

Be gentle with yourself, reach out to someone locally if you can.

Archived