Non gluten grains and dizziness

rbill

I reintroduced non gluten grains over the weekend and am suddenly in a fog of dizziness.

I ate gluten free oats, organic popcorn, and gluten free chips that were a mix of quinoa and corn.

I had the oats and popcorn on Saturday with no reaction so I had them again yesterday too. The chips I had for the first time yesterday.

Is dizziness a typical symptom of non gluten grains?

Interesting! Yes, similar in many aspects. Does this typically happen for your right after you eat them or does the effect take awhile?

I'm asking as my let's say "underwater swirly" feeling was this morning when I woke up after I ate them yesterday. 

Comes on in about two hours, then it lasts for hours! Fades away eventually but I'll feel it through the next day if I really ate a lot. I became more aware of it after doing Whole30, when I took away the stimulus and set a new feeling for normal. Scary to think I might have been always feeling that way. Knowing how bad it can feel is enough to keep from eating more than small amounts stuff like oats and rice. When I was reintroducing it was so bad I didn't trust myself to drive!

It's possible that you missed the initial "WHOOMPH" feeling that I experience by sleeping? Or you are having a different reaction. 

Your reaction could be delayed, I get a more delayed reaction from corn.

If you're getting a fog feeling, like you're not awake yet (except it goes for hours), having trouble concentrating, almost heavy headed, this is a grain reaction.

Oats have something in them very similar to gluten, as does corn, there's a protective coating around the grain seed.

Just as a note though, if they're chips it can also be the oil they are cooked in.

I get a reaction to gluten as well, but from your list, also everything except quinoa.

I can tolerate a little corn without symptoms, but not oats.

What you say about praxisproject non-wheat gluten is something I should consider. I associated it with sugar because I felt similar after eating sweets. It's possible that it's not just the carbs, if I ever try those foods again I'll pay more attention to see what I learn. Oats and corn bloat me up terrible, quinoa I don't like, so could be a loooooong time to results lol!

Quinoa basically makes me want to die.  I get super dizzy and nauseous and hurt all over.  I would separate out the corn, quinoa and non-gluten grains into 3 intros so you know what the problem is.  Quinoa is not technically a grain, it is a seed of an amaranth which is in a separate family so you could have totally different reactions to it than other grains.  And I do also get that too full feeling from any grains and it all seems like a waste of good digestive space that could be filled with vegetables, fruits and meats.

Archived