Whole 30? Why Not.

TexasDeMissouri

My friends had told me about this program a while ago and I'm turning 30 this year, so I figured it's now or never.

Drank coffee this morning with Coconut Oil.

Breakfast was crock pot roast.

Lunch was 6 oz sirloin and steamed broccoli.

I've had fruit a few times today as well.

Also noticed headaches early today, my friends told me they are perfectly normal at the start.

Thanks y'all,

Aaron

Conclusion of Day 1:

Day one was interesting, I found myself every once in a while getting headaches however they went away a small piece emphasis on small piece of fruit.

My friend who has done this program a few times, reminded me that it's important to eat some fat with every meal due to its ability to help slow down how fast your body consumes the sugar from fruit.

Day 2 is starting, time to hit the ground running hard.

Day 2:

Things got a little easier today. I made some baked salmon, with steamed broccoli in the microwave and I substituted butter for ghee butter and added some garlic. That was amazingly easy to make.

Sugar cravings are slowly starting to go away.

Energy was good and I found a caffeine source that I like, Chai tea.

Let's see what Day 3 has in store for me.

Day 3:

I'm slowly figuring out what works best for me as far as food goes.

The crock pot has become my best friend.

I will be making crock pot chili tomorrow night

Salmon and steamed broccoli is not bad.

The beef stew I made wasn't great, but it's definitely a learning experience.

I ordered some whole 30 compliant salad dressing that I will be using for lunch going forward.

Day 5:

Still on the grind, it was nice for lunch today to be served by someone who understood how important it was to maintain a clean diet.

I made chilli last night and I have more salmon to bake for tomorrow night.

Energy levels are good and I'm understanding how important healthy fat is to staying fuller longer.

Back at it tomorrow.

Day 6:

Just staying on the grind. I can already tell my pants are loose due to me being able to go to third notch on my belt.

Today will be the hardest day so far, I'll be volunteering at an event and will have to bring my lunch and some healthy snacks. I will bring some steamed broccoli and salmon, snacks will be fruits and avocado.

Just sipping this chai tea, getting ready for the Sunday. I can't believe how far I've come in just 6 little days.

Day 7: The toughest day up to this point. I worked an event as a volunteer for about 11 hours, luckily I was able to bring my own lunch and snacks throughout the day such as hardboiled eggs, avocado and some fruit. I also came really close to eating a cashew that had cottonseed oil in it. Luckily I read the ingredients then I politely said, "NO."

I am now having to go to the 4th notch on my belt, that's the only form of measurement I have.

I got a lot of compliments on day 6 from people who had just seen me on day 1.

Back on the grind today.

Day 8: Things have started to get a little easier. I've started to build the routine into my day, I know what I can and cannot eat, headaches are minimal, right now it's putting one foot in front of the other and stay on the grind.

Today starts Day 9 which means I'm more than a quarter of the way over.

This forum post has been my therapy, outside of exercise of course.

Day 9: Another day just chopping wood, (chopping wood, context in order to chop down a large tree, one cannot take one mighty swing at it, but one after another, and with constant pressure the tree will fall).

Diet is on point, plenty of water each day and I did another round of two a days workouts.

Now time to just sustain this for the rest of the program.

Day 10: Same thing different day. I felt good enough on my rest day to do an extra workout. I was getting compliments from my co-workers, training partners, and even my instructors how much better I look.

I cannot wait at the end of the 30 days to take my after shot and check the scale....but more important than all that is how I will feel.

Day 11 and 12: Were challenging in my limited options where I worked that day. Day 12 was challenging due to an extra long work day and having to wait until I got home to eat. On the upside, I was able to make plenty of meals for the next 10 days or so.

Still feeling good overall. One of my work sites had these ridiculous good smelling doughnuts, but I just kept chugging along.

Day 14: This may sound like a broken record but I have never felt better in my life. I don't feel restricted on what I can eat because I have so many options for fruits, vegetables and meat. I am making an effort this week to bring my lunch as much as possible, just to try and stay on budget for the month.

Here's to another 2 weeks and two days of this program.

Day 15: As a snowball rolls down a hill it gets bigger and bigger.

The momentum thus far has been tremendous. I'm halfway there to the whole 30 and am strongly considering staying on this after the 30 days because I am enjoying how good I feel with this eating.

I'm also enjoying the weight loss confirmed by the belt in pants getting looser each week.

Easily the best I've ever.....EVER felt!!!!!!

Day 17: Got a little more difficult, I must have caught a cold from someone because I am a little under the weather and was so also yesterday. I resisted taking any medicine including throat spray to not break whole 30. I'm Going To Take A Few cloves of garlic every few hours to help with my Immune system.

Day 21: Discipline for making good choices still on point, I ate a side salad no dressing, no croutons, no cheese at a wings place. Kind of a little proud of myself. Prepped 15 meals for the week, so good on that. I'm also looking to have a fitness goal to set so that way after whole 30, I keep eating clean.

Archived