Whole 90

Sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

I have had a whole lot of health issues lately. It looks like I have adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid. I am losing my hair and have gained 10 pounds in two months. I thought I was healthy, but I am guessing I wasn't healthy enough.

My plan for now through the end of December:

Quit caffeine -- got it down to 1 cup and won't be having anymore after today.

Quit ALL intense cardio and train with weights 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. I am a trainer and group fitness instructor and it seems I have to quit the group fitness - body pump is super intense. This is really one I am very sad about. It will be hard to let it go.

3 meals.

I mostly have to be careful and pay close attention to stress. I went from being super stressed and not being able to sleep to not being able to get out of bed.

I am having a little more extensive blood work done next week to rule out Hashimoto's or things like that.

This will be a diet and LIFESTYLE challenge for a few months to get healthy.

Tomorrow is day 1.

Thanks! It was good!

Well I was compliant the whole day but the lack of caffeine was crippling. I am pretty advanced in adrenal fatigue! I ended up snacking a lot to keep up my energy. I will have to break my meals up until I feel better.

Lunch: sardines, asparagus, blueberries, strawberries

Snack: sausage, apple

Dinner: turkey breast, 2 package sea snax, a few baby carrots, kombucha

Heading to bed early hoping I can sleep!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I wasn't ready! I picked having drinks with a friend over my crazy bad health and then had a sugar binge to boot.

I will be starting over day 1 of my whole90 tomorrow sans coffee and everything else I need to get rid of.

I would say I am mad at myself but I am too sick to even get mad. I am working with 3 doctors and I hope to find out what all is going on..but no more diet excuses.

Already ordered my meat from us wellness...oh how I wish they weren't out of bacon!

Crystal, hang in there. My guess is the stress is causing as much, if not more, damage to your health. BTDT. I'm on Day 8 of my first round of Whole30 and rather than give up coffee, I'm having my regular morning coffee with coconut milk instead of my usual almond milk. Since it's allowed in Whole30, I didn't see the need to deprive myself, especially in these early days of Whole30. At this point if having the caffeine is going to keep you from giving in to other things like alcohol later in the day, the coffee is definitelly your better option. The meals and snacks you listed sound wonderful!

Hang in there and good luck!

Being a group fitness instructor (on top of my full time job), I can understand. I think trying to keep my energy up for everyone else makes it tough so I've just had to learn to say no. I also have hypothyroid which is being medicated successfully with Armour, after years of being on a med that didn't help at all. Just make sure you have a doctor that is open-minded and medicates appropriately, best thing I ever did was take the time to find a doctor I like and who isn't about giving me an easy way out. I only started Whole30 last week and haven't been perfect but 100% better than what I was doing before. I have been a grazer for years so I am keeping that for now since the eating is a big change and then maybe after I nail that down I can cut the snacking.

Good luck (and rest) to you !

Well I got some sleep and I am feeling really positive about moving forward!

Instead of entirely kicking out the coffee I reduced it to half. I am going to keep it there for now.

Breakfast: Ground Pork..grassland beef has the best seasoned (without sugar) pork..yummy

Green Beans, Sweet Potato

Lunch: Beef liver and onions cooked in coconut oil

Dinner: 1/2 can sardines, Sea Snax, baked cabbage

Afternoon Snack: baked cabbage

Good for you! I keep reading here and other places about how important getting enough sleep is, and I have finally become convinced that it's true. When I get enough sleep I handle all of this change SO much better.

What made you decide to do a Whole 90 instead of a Whole 30? Is it because of all your health issues? I am on Day 24 of my first Whole 30. I am trying to decide what to do when my 30 days are up next Tuesday. I was Paleo before, and about 95% compliant. I really like how my cravings are gone on the Whole 30, and I like all the vegetables I am eating. I usually limit my fruit to 2 servings per day and only eat nuts once in a while. I generally exercise once per day in the morning, but sometimes twice per day. I time it around meals and usually have 2 large breakfasts, a medium lunch, and a slightly smaller dinner. I get up between 4 and 5 am and go to bed a couple hours after dinner, so this works well for me.

• 1 month later...

Whew...spent a good amount of time trying to quit caffeine for my autoimmune condition before I could tackle a whole autoimmune protocol. I also found out my oldest son has alopecia and asthma. So it is time only to have the right foods in the house..the only exceptions have been yogurt, ezekiel bread, natural peanut butter and eggs. I have tackled the caffeine demon and I am ready for this whole 90. I have a pot of bone broth on the stove and I really want all these crushing symptoms to go away. I see a rheumatologist on december 21 and I would love for some of my blood markers to be improved. I can't imagine living forever feeling like I can't get out of bed everyday! I really hope I am finally ready. I feel like if I finally quit caffeine and addiction I have had for 10 years I can stick to this protocol for 3 months to heal my gut!! My last day is feb 26... then I plan on adding nuts and eggs and occasional coconut flourback in and nothing else. I don't want to get sick again

Archived