Starting Saturday 5th March in UK

SharynF

Day 65 - I can't quite believe I am still here and feeling motivated. It proves to me just how much emotional strain was involved in having a mother with vascular dementia. I feel so different in my head than I have done for several years. I never expected losing her to be easy, and it isn't, but it's been a massive weight removed from me psychologically - and hopefully physically too if I carry on with Whole30! Thanks Mum xx

Anyway - a great aquazumba class this morning - my knee mobility is greatly improved and I can do so much more than when I started 6 months ago. 

B was compliant food but not in compliant combinations (sounds like army issue undies!!)

L belly pork rashers (frying right now) on spinach and rocket with a hemp oil drizzle. Cherry toms and cucumber. 

D not sure - whatever hubby chooses from lamb steaks, oxtail stew or chicken thighs. 

It was good to have him home after four days away but God did he snore last night. So much for a good night's sleep with him back in the bed!! Ruddy man.  :wub:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thread is dying :(  I am busy this week and away next week.  I want to carry on with this one for a strict Whole30 between holidays but I may start a new one and see if I can get more people involved. I know the 'UK' attracted a few Brits but leaving it out would get a lot more new people involved. 

• Moderators

Sorry about your thread... that happens as people move on :(

There's a UK group starting here: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/36384-starting-may-9th-in-the-uk/

There's also a pretty active May 9th group here http://forum.whole30.com/topic/36352-starting-may-9/

and a really awesome group of people who started May 2nd here: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/36312-5216-whole30-group/

Maybe one of those would be a good fit?

Good for you for carrying on! That's awesome!

My thread is dying :(  I am busy this week and away next week.  I want to carry on with this one for a strict Whole30 between holidays but I may start a new one and see if I can get more people involved. I know the 'UK' attracted a few Brits but leaving it out would get a lot more new people involved. 

Hi, I'm still here so if you decide to move, I hope you let me know where you've gone. Been working very late the last few nights, didn't get to switch my laptop on at all. I worked Sunday and didn't do big weekend shop apart from my side of lamb. As a result, all I had for breakfast this morning was a cold boiled egg. The chicken I had taken from the freezer last night was still half frozen and I couldn't face tinned tuna first thing. I bought lunch out - jacket potato with prawns and salad.

Called into the supermarket on way home this evening but hadn't thought about what meals I wanted to cook so ended up with a trolley full of random salad veg and fruit. Plus eggs of course. Need to get the Well Fed books out. Too tired for tea tonight so just came to bed. At least there is food in my fridge again. God I sound miserable! sorry..

Hi, I'm still here so if you decide to move, I hope you let me know where you've gone. Been working very late the last few nights, didn't get to switch my laptop on at all. I worked Sunday and didn't do big weekend shop apart from my side of lamb. As a result, all I had for breakfast this morning was a cold boiled egg. The chicken I had taken from the freezer last night was still half frozen and I couldn't face tinned tuna first thing. I bought lunch out - jacket potato with prawns and salad.

Called into the supermarket on way home this evening but hadn't thought about what meals I wanted to cook so ended up with a trolley full of random salad veg and fruit. Plus eggs of course. Need to get the Well Fed books out. Too tired for tea tonight so just came to bed. At least there is food in my fridge again. God I sound miserable! sorry..

You sound way too busy! I need to get my Well Fed books out too. I am taking them on holiday tomorrow and planning at least one whole week of three meals a day. Shopping list as well so I can go an get what I need as soon as we get back. 

I'll let you know where I move to. I think some more interaction would be good for both of us. 

Holiday is going well so far. And we are near a Waitrose so I have stocked up on their organic coconut milk as both Tesco and Sainsbury seem to have replaced stocks of Blue Dragon with their own-brand-non-compliant version. Cheap it may be but healthy it ain't. :(

Plenty of walking, plenty of sitting in the sun reading or watching the boats in the marina, and plenty of colouring-in in the shady conservatory. Exercise, Vit D and mindful hobbies. I could live here! 

Holiday is going well so far. And we are near a Waitrose so I have stocked up on their organic coconut milk as both Tesco and Sainsbury seem to have replaced stocks of Blue Dragon with their own-brand-non-compliant version. Cheap it may be but healthy it ain't. :(

Plenty of walking, plenty of sitting in the sun reading or watching the boats in the marina, and plenty of colouring-in in the shady conservatory. Exercise, Vit D and mindful hobbies. I could live here! 

Sounds fab, where are you? I'm off to Glasgow on friday. I'm going to be dog sitting at my son's for two weeks so a lot of walking is on the cards. They have a Wholefoods Market just up the road which I love even though it's even more expensive than Waitrose. It's the only place I've ever managed to find spagetti squash and they sell Kombucha which I normally have to buy on line or drive 20 miles to buy.

I made raspberry and walnut vinaigrette yesterday, the first time I've made salad dressing apart from mayo and dump ranch since starting. Certainly livens up salad. I also made banana and pecan 'ice cream' in celebration of the summer weather we had here last week.  It contains vanilla extract so is non complaint for more than one reason but: the tiny amount of alcohol in the extract didn't send me running to bargain booze and the ice cream wasn't that sweet that it led to cravings for the real thing.

I've decided to do a proper reintro following the recommended plan. I'll be able to focus on this while I'm off work for the next two weeks. I am moving over to the reintro thread but will still follow this topic as I'm nosy and like to know how you're doing. Long term I plan to keep to whole30/paleo eating.

We are on the Isle of Wight which is my home even though I left in 1973! Mum died at Christmas and I am over to collect a few things from my brother and to be a tourist for the first time in a long time. I used to call my visits home to mum as 'Driving Miss Daisy'. 

We'll be heading to Scotland at the end of June as we have a small house booked in Thurso for a week. Four days to get there staying in our camper van and three days to get home. Looking forward to that holiday as we both love Scotland and the far north east is an area we haven't visited yet. 

I'm very sorry about your Mum, you've had a tough time.

Thank you. Mum had vascular dementia and, as expected, it was a stroke that ended her life. It was a blessed relief to be honest but still tough to accept. 

Thread closed - back from holiday and need to start again from Day 1. Going to find a thread starting tomorrow or Sunday and getting back to strict compliance. 

Thanks for all the comments and support over the past couple of months. 

Archived