Starting Saturday 5th March in UK

SharynF

Good luck Tracy!

I'm definitely in the tiger blood phase now. I still can't grasp how much I got done yesterday plus 5 miles of running and 45 min of playing ping pong with the hubby.

Tonight I'll be doing an hour of Yoga with a friend and continuing to read before bedtime rather than watching TV.

I started reading "It starts with food" and am seriously amazed. I'm also grateful that I get to learn all that now to help me resist that vicious overeating cycle for the rest of my life. The future looks really good from here.

M1: breakfast frittata plus a quarter bell pepper filled with tuna salad along with some grapes and strawberries

M2: greek salad topped with grilled chicken plus a handful of nuts and an orange

M3: pork with cabbage/fire roasted tomatoes and a side salad

I have no trouble now to go without snacks between meals

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 18, time is flying. I didn't sleep all that great last night despite the Yoga session. I think that may have been partially due to watching TV for 40min right before bedtime. I need to get back to reading for 30min instead.

Anyway, despite the lack of sleep I'm plenty energized again today. No migraines in 3 weeks is also awesome.

I may try to get a short run in tonight.

M1: Breakfast frittata

M2: greek salad topped with 3 hardboiled eggs

M3: Melissa's Chicken hash (I haven't tried making this one yet but am looking forward to it)

How is everyone else doing today?

@ Tracy - I hope you survived the night duty. Any news on hubby's signing yesterday?

@ bhenningsen - some positive changes for you with the migraines and no snacking. Well done 

Me? I s;ept badly last night and for the past week. I am hoping it was related to me worrying about my elderly cat who had to go to the vet for a check this morning. That went well so I hope to sleep tonight. I had a light meal before we went and when I came back I was starving so I had bacon and eggs fried in goose fat on a bed of baby spinach.

M2: pulled pork, large salad, avo and mayo

M3: lebanese kofta with warm potato salad and broccoli. I may make a sauce to go with it as there where quite a few in the daily email yesterday. 

It is cold here again today - I may have to light the wood burner so and it's only half three. We don't have central heating so the house gets cold quickly. 

Have fun xx

Sleep where art thou?  :angry:

Last time I did Whole 30 I gave up caffeine. Maybe I need to do the same now. I don't drink coffee after 4pm and I go to sleep ok. I wake up after a couple of hours and just lay and think about things for hours and hours. Then I go to sleep about 5:30 for a couple of hours. I function ok but I know it's not ideal. Far from it. 

I am at a conference this afternoon so I hope it's interesting! 

M1 2 fried eggs, Lebanase kofta, fried potatoes, spinach and hemp oil. 

M2 don't know - M1 was at 10:15 so I won't want M2 before the conference. I shall take some nuts and a nakd bar in case I need something. 

M3 probably bacon and eggs as hubby is out tonight. And the next episode of The Night Manager on iPlayer. Anyone else watching this. SO good. 

Have a good day x

Sleep where art thou?  :angry:

Last time I did Whole 30 I gave up caffeine. Maybe I need to do the same now. I don't drink coffee after 4pm and I go to sleep ok. I wake up after a couple of hours and just lay and think about things for hours and hours. Then I go to sleep about 5:30 for a couple of hours. I function ok but I know it's not ideal. Far from it. 

I am at a conference this afternoon so I hope it's interesting! 

M1 2 fried eggs, Lebanase kofta, fried potatoes, spinach and hemp oil. 

M2 don't know - M1 was at 10:15 so I won't want M2 before the conference. I shall take some nuts and a nakd bar in case I need something. 

M3 probably bacon and eggs as hubby is out tonight. And the next episode of The Night Manager on iPlayer. Anyone else watching this. SO good. 

Have a good day x

Apart from the coffee maybe you could cut back on watching TV before bed to see if that works. I left all my electronics alone after getting home last night and had the most amazing night of sleep.

Really feeling the tiger blood today after an amazing night's sleep. I had some weird dreams about multicolored glass noodles though.

By the way, the chicken hash I made for dinner was delicious just like most of the other recipes in the book I've tried out so far.

Then in another forum thread someone posted a slow cooker breakfast meatloaf I'm going to try because I'm starting to get bored of the breakfast choices.

M1: scrambled eggs with a shredded carrot/apple salad (my favorite since childhood) and celery stalks with almond butter

M2: cold thai salad with grilled chicken, an orange and a handful of nuts

M3: chicken hash left overs

Apart from the coffee maybe you could cut back on watching TV before bed to see if that works. I left all my electronics alone after getting home last night and had the most amazing night of sleep.

We don't have a TV so, unless we are watching a DVD, my laptop is usually turned off by 9pm and I go to bed between 10 and 10:30. Phone stays downstairs on silent. I read a lot so it's never a problem for me :)

Even though this has been downhill in the last couple of days, I had a brief panic attack this morning when I didn't feel I had enough food to put together breakfast and lunch. Yesterday I ate the last of the leftovers and then had riceless sushi with coconut aminos for dinner and didn't have time to cook anymore. I freaked out but then just grabbed a bunch of spinach and sautéed it with applegate sausage and took some tomatoes and a bell pepper to work with pulled pork I had cooking overnight in the crockpot. Probably the least exciting lunch of this entire 2+ weeks but I'm glad it was SOMETHING. Tonight I will get back to the kitchen so this doesn't happen again :)

Looking forward to trying some of the recipes I've seen people posting.

We don't have a TV so, unless we are watching a DVD, my laptop is usually turned off by 9pm and I go to bed between 10 and 10:30. Phone stays downstairs on silent. I read a lot so it's never a problem for me :)

That's awesome. I'm definitely struggling in that department.

Even though this has been downhill in the last couple of days, I had a brief panic attack this morning when I didn't feel I had enough food to put together breakfast and lunch. Yesterday I ate the last of the leftovers and then had riceless sushi with coconut aminos for dinner and didn't have time to cook anymore. I freaked out but then just grabbed a bunch of spinach and sautéed it with applegate sausage and took some tomatoes and a bell pepper to work with pulled pork I had cooking overnight in the crockpot. Probably the least exciting lunch of this entire 2+ weeks but I'm glad it was SOMETHING. Tonight I will get back to the kitchen so this doesn't happen again :)

Looking forward to trying some of the recipes I've seen people posting.

There you go! It still sounds pretty good what you made. I need to run out and get more groceries again tonight, too and it hasn't even been a week since the last trip. Those veggies are disappearing almost as quickly as we bring them home.

Day 20 - who would have thought it!

M1 Lebanese kofta, egg and bacon 'roll', spinach, mayo

M2 tuna salad with mayo

M3 lamb steaks with veggies cooked in ghee

Have you tried slow cooker ghee? It really is the easiest way of making it and totally hassle free. I am going to make a batch of my favourite spiced ghee and hope that works as well. Going to plan a fish meal for Good Friday - I'm not religious but we don't eat enough fish. Probably a cauli rice kedgeree as that is fab with a big blob of spiced ghee on top to stir in. 

I have done no real exercise this week apart from a little walking - not exercise really, just wandering around. I burned my finger badly a week or so ago and as my preferred exercise is swimming and aquafit I haven't been able to do those as I want the finger to stay dry and heal over. Almost there so next week will be back to normal from Tuesday. 

Have a good day and I hope you are enjoying that Tiger Blood which eludes me. 

Just a quick check in. I'm surviving the night shift and so far there has been no tempting Easter chocolate here. No fancy meals for me this week. I brought a container of shredded beef, a container of roasted and cubed swede, and a container of mashed butternut squash and left the in the fridge at work for meals. Home meal ones are three fried eggs and steam sautéed sweet Potatoes and kale.

Day 20 and still tiger in my blood. Slept well again and ready to take on a new day.

M1: compliant costco chicken sausages with spinach (Coleman) plus 2 fried eggs over a bed of spinach and a dollop of ranch dressing

M2: tuna salad filled red pepper wedges with an orange and some nuts

M3: chicken hash and pork and cabbage pot roast left overs with a spring mix - roasted beet salad, probably a slice of cantaloupe

I'm ready for a 3 day weekend!

Day 21 - another restless, sleep badly night. So sad that Whole 30 isn't working in that area for me. 

M1 kabanos (polish sausage), spinach, dressing

M2 JW tuna pot, salad, OO

M3 ribeye steak, avocado, tomato

Exercise - on my feet for 4+ hours as a room guide at a National Trust house. Lordy was that a busy time! 

Looking forward to having hubby home for the long weekend. Not sure what we will get up to as the weather forecast is awful. But I have some good meals planned. 

Enjoy Easter 

Day 22 - the start of our 4th week doing this. We are rocking. 

I am going to my neighbour's mum's 90th birthday party this afternoon. Tea and cake was my 'thing' (I've just edited that from 'is my thing') but I am strong and determined so a cup of black tea or coffee will hit the spot as we sing Happy Birthday accompanied by my neighbour on her uke. I can hear her practicing right now!

Have a good Saturday x

Day 22.  My husband is arriving 14 days from today so I am buckling down and making sure I get my exercise in.  I won't be ending this on Day 30 but will stick with it until he arrives and then beyond.  My aches are improving but are not completely gone.  Of course, the awful weather does not help.

Day 22.  My husband is arriving 14 days from today so I am buckling down and making sure I get my exercise in.  I won't be ending this on Day 30 but will stick with it until he arrives and then beyond.  My aches are improving but are not completely gone.  Of course, the awful weather does not help.

You are talking like a Brit already Tracy. We love talking about the weather!! I am pleased your husband will finally be with you - it's along time to have been away from each other. I expect the children miss him too. 

I am in this for longer than 30 days too. We go on holiday on 13th May and I want to carry on at least until then - maybe reintro cheese but that will be it. 

Day 23 and I slept all night, no tossing and turning, no lying awake for hours. Just sleep for at least six hours (clocks changed last night). 

I rocked the tea party yesterday - it was a lovely sing-a-long of old songs for two ladies with birthdays this week. The 90 year old we know but the lady who will be 100 on Monday was a friend of hers and new to us. She was great, on the ball, recited a couple of little poems she learned as a 10 year old and had a dance with a carer. I want to be like that when I am 100.

Gorgeous buffet and booze. I had 2 chicken drumsticks, some of the salad garnish and a glass of tap water. I wrapped my slice of birthday cake and brought it home for hubby to have today. Go me - great afternoon, no deprived feelings, just lots of love, laughs and singing. 

Tonight I am cooking duck and going to have a go at making a compliant plum sauce. I have ripe plums, coconut aminos and maybe a drop of orange juice. I'll share if it works 

Have a great Easter Sunday xx

Compliant chicken sausages at Costco in the UK?? Tell me more please ....

Yes, sorry, I joined this thread because you guys started on the same date as me. Costco here in the US has a chicken spinach sausage that is compliant. It wasn't the one I had been told so it's always worth reading the labels of all the available sausages. Good luck!

Day 23 and I slept all night, no tossing and turning, no lying awake for hours. Just sleep for at least six hours (clocks changed last night). 

I rocked the tea party yesterday - it was a lovely sing-a-long of old songs for two ladies with birthdays this week. The 90 year old we know but the lady who will be 100 on Monday was a friend of hers and new to us. She was great, on the ball, recited a couple of little poems she learned as a 10 year old and had a dance with a carer. I want to be like that when I am 100.

Gorgeous buffet and booze. I had 2 chicken drumsticks, some of the salad garnish and a glass of tap water. I wrapped my slice of birthday cake and brought it home for hubby to have today. Go me - great afternoon, no deprived feelings, just lots of love, laughs and singing. 

Tonight I am cooking duck and going to have a go at making a compliant plum sauce. I have ripe plums, coconut aminos and maybe a drop of orange juice. I'll share if it works 

Have a great Easter Sunday xx

Yes, please let us know how that sauce worked out. I would probably use some dried plums I have for that. I don't think they do much harm in a sauce even though dried fruit is discouraged.

Day 24 - drumroll :)

May I mention that I really enjoy the weekly cook-up now? I got all the mason jar salads ready for the week and did it in 3.5 hours. Each one is a different combination of meat/fish, roasted veggies, lettuce and dressings. Having learned to run the grill, stove, oven, food processor and chopping knife at the same time really helps. At the end I felt I was on a roll and the laundry was done in a jiff.

I'm also to the point where I can make breakfast from scratch without having to get up earlier. Fortunately I have enough time during the week to prepare our dinners although I double up most recipes to serve us for 2 or 3 meals.

I'm starting to think that maybe this is feasible to do on an ongoing basis. Although our grocery bill for the month went up from around $300 to $750 and that only includes the occasional organic meats and no grass fed kinds. Obviously there is less money spent at restaurants but that makes up for $200 a month max.

In the past I have always called BS on the poor people who claimed that buying processed food is cheaper than cooking fresh foods at home. Maybe I was wrong.

How do the numbers add up for you guys?

Yes, sorry, I joined this thread because you guys started on the same date as me. Costco here in the US has a chicken spinach sausage that is compliant. It wasn't the one I had been told so it's always worth reading the labels of all the available sausages. Good luck!

You are welcome - I often wish I had missed out the 'UK' from the thread name as we could do with more people :)

Archived