Starting tomorrow, March 2nd! Anyone else with this start date?

AnnapurnaK

Starting my first Whole30 tomorrow... Honestly most worried about the alcohol! I'm known to enjoy a drink or two or four. I really think this is going to be great for me on so many levels but of course I'm a little anxious.  :wacko: Anyway, let me know if anyone's going to be my partner in crime. 

Thanks,

-K

I am starting today too, March 2nd! I would love to be here to support each other. So my husband wants to do it with me (which is a shock to me) but he is currently working out of town and stays in an apartment there 6 days out of the week. He generally eats very processed if I don't cook for him, so I'm not sure how it's going to go. So I'm looking for fast and easy Whole30 compliant meals that will also give him fuel for a 14 hour work day. Good luck to y'all!

• Moderators

I am starting today too, March 2nd! I would love to be here to support each other. So my husband wants to do it with me (which is a shock to me) but he is currently working out of town and stays in an apartment there 6 days out of the week. He generally eats very processed if I don't cook for him, so I'm not sure how it's going to go. So I'm looking for fast and easy Whole30 compliant meals that will also give him fuel for a 14 hour work day. Good luck to y'all!

With work days that long, keep in mind that he might need four meals each day, or three meals and a mini-meal -- if he's hungry, he should eat.

If he drives to the apartment he stays in each week, you could pack him up a bunch of compliant foods in a cooler to take with him so he'd have less cooking to do. If he flies, that might not be an option.

These No Recipe Required meals might give you both some good ideas for easy things to fix. If you keep two or three protein sources on hand already cooked, and plenty of vegetable options, plus some fat options like avocado, olives, mayo, and other sauces, it's easy to just grab food with minimal cooking required -- although this does require planning and cooking ahead of time so that you're prepared.

I am definitely feeling the headaches today too, but still holding strong. I am also getting a cold and adjusting to traveling a three hour time change on Tuesday, so that may be playing a part as well. I am also nursing my son, so I am trying to remember that it's ok to snack some or have more frequent meals. 

ShannonM816, thanks for the advice and link! I sent him back with plenty of compliant food and idea for what to eat and cook for himself. 

I'm feeling quite a bit better today, definitely less headaches! I still feel pretty tired, but I've been tired since my son was born almost a year ago so who knows! I made some delicious chicken avocado salad today with homemade mayo and had it on lettuce leaves for lunch. I am definitely spending way more time preparing and cooking food than I ever have before, and I am used to cooking most of my meals. Maybe this weekend I can spend a few hours prepping for next week. Also, I miss wine. :)

How's Day 4 been for everyone? I woke up in a good mood but when my husband asked if I would be mad if he ate crackers and cheese for a snack, I wanted to kill him. "Kill all the things" is true I suppose. We tried spaghetti squash for the first time tonight, I wasn't impressed. Back to the drawing board for more recipes. Do you all have any that you've loved so far?

Day 5 is going okay for me--I find I am relying a little too much on coffee to get through the afternoons, so I am going to have to watch that going forward. For me the big miss is cheese--I made sweet potato hash with an egg yesterday and I couldn't help but think how delicious it would be with a big ol hunk of cheese on top. 

My big challenge today is that my pregnant sister is coming into town for a week and I felt obligated to stock up on her favorite snacks. I would really love to be able to join her in enjoying them, but I forge on with the Whole30!

How is everyone doing? Today has been the hardest day for me so far in terms of cravings. I have a strong urge to just eat everything! I'm trying to mix my meals up to keep things interesting but I am already getting tired of a few things. I can tell though, that most of my cravings are not because I'm actually hungry so I can push them off until the next meal time. 

With me it's the side effects not food related--I don't have cravings, but I am EXHAUSTED. I'm finding myself dead on my feet all day long. That and my body temperature is out of control. As someone who is typically cold, I wake up at night sweating like crazy! My body must have been so out of whack! 

I am definitely feeling the cravings today. And I can relate to the body temperature thing. I'm burning up! Yesterday was good but today is anxiety central. Anyone else having that issue? Made a vegan whole 30 meal for my vegan brother and his girlfriend who are in from Omaha and they were super pleased with the rattatoiue (my spelling is apparently suffering a bit :-) ) and the cold Thai salad.

Oh by the way Sarah how did you prepare your spaghetti squash? I made it just like spaghetti with homemade sauce and tons of grassfed seasoned beef and my family (including my picky 5 year old) loved it. We also really enjoyed the ribs with homemade bbq sauce from the book.

That's a good thing. My cravings were out of control yesterday I seriously wanted to eat everything in sight which is unusual for me because I usually don't have much of an appetite at all. Are you exercising the same amount as you were before?

Yeah I'm exercising about the same, although it has been harder. I start half marathon training last week in addition to the hot yoga I already do, so we will see if my body kicks it into gear with the increased amount of training. And I am on batch 3 of homemade mayo and it always comes out runny... one day  I will get it! 

Guys I have fallen off the wagon. I'm planning on starting back once our company is gone but while they are here I am trying to use a lot of the principles that I have leaned thus far while still enjoying myself a little. Good luck to you guys as you continue this journey!

Archived