Starting tomorrow, March 2nd! Anyone else with this start date?

AnnapurnaK

Congrats in hanging in there! I can't believe we're two weeks in. Time is flying. Niagara falls sounds awesome. I'm from salt lake city. I've been eating too many nuts I feel like. (I'm aware that sounded inappropriate)have you found anything quick and easy that's not eggs? ;)

I found a Whole30 compliant prosciutto that I've been eating as a quick protein source. I've been eating prosciutto and salted apples (literally just apples from the market and sea salt) for lunch on busy work days. The nuts are hard--I eat them in a pinch but they really upset my stomach so I luckily cannot overindulge too much. I also will eat some apples with sunflower seed butter if I dont have time to make protein--but honestly I've been eating mainly leftovers. I will cook a bunch of chicken and just eat it during the week. Salt Lake City--so cool! I have been up to Zion a bunch of times but unfortunately nowhere else in Utah. 

You've got to check out the Rockies and Canyonlands. That sounds like a good lunch. I definitely an getting a little exhausted being the one who constantly cooks for my family. Usually my husband and I take turns. (He usually makes something with either tons of beans or cheese) For some reason day 17 was really tough for me. One of the hardest so far. How are you doing?

• 2 weeks later...

Canyonlands is definitely on my list! I drove through the Rockies, but I have never done any extensive exploring. Are you still holding strong? I fell off the planet because I was in Philadelphia visiting my boyfriend for Easter (he lives there). I am doing pretty well, finally feeling a bit better. This Whole 30 has honestly been a godsend--with all the healthy eating and STILL fatigue I went to my GP to get checked out--and they found a vitamin D deficiency, iron deficiency and elevated parathyroid hormone! I would have NEVER gone to the doctor until I got my eating in line. I am doing some follow up tests but I am feeling so much better since I added supplements. 

I am probably going to extend to a Whole 60--just because I only, as in the last 3-4 days, started feeling the 'magic' happen. I'm not having too much difficulty meal wise. I essentially just make a large batch of stuff, put homemade mayo on it, and eat it for most of the week. I've never been a picky eater and I don't mind repeat meals too much. I do have to say, Easter nearly killed me though, as I love both a. carrot cake and b. easter chocolate and I couldn't have either. I squirrelled some away for after my Whole 60 is done :)

Archived