My first whole 30 is complete!

Lewhitt

I am on day 31 of my first whole 30!  I say my first because I absolutely will do it again.  I have had weight issues my entire life because I love food and I love to eat.  I've been on Weight Watchers for almost 3 1/2 years.  At my most successful I was down almost 80 lbs but then I started to have tracking fatigue and the scale started creeping as I got more lax.  I had heard about the Whole30 so after reading online I ordered the book and started Feb 1, 2016.

First: it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! 100% the hardest for me was giving up Splenda in my coffee. That was painful as I didn't enjoy drinking it unsweetened but needed the caffeine. It made me angry (and sad, I loved my coffee).  For 2 wks I did tea and suffered through tremendous headaches then tried coffee again and my palate had adjusted and I now drink it unsweetened!  For sure there were a couple of days I would have LOVED a glass of wine but I survived.

The best result- I feel fantastic! I have so much more energy. I used to fall asleep watching tv after dinner almost every night. It happened maybe 4 times the entire month - and when it did it was at a much more reasonable time. I don't get that mid afternoon slump I used to get either. And now that I'm back to coffee, I'm drinking about half as much as I used to.

Body changes: my clothes fit better. I have dresses I couldn't zip in December/January that I can zip now. My waist is more defined. My stomach is flatter. My face is thinner. My collar bones are much more prominent.

Weight loss: 4 lbs. I feel like it would have been more with how I feel but 4 lbs in a month eating delicious food makes me happy. In Jan on WW I lost 1.4 lbs.

What's next: I'm going modified whole30 until I go on vacation on March 24. Occasional wine, more freedom if I eat out and i'll go but otherwise I'll aim to be compliant. Honestly I just don't want to give up how great I feel!  

I have to watch my overeating tendencies need to be watched and Weight Watchers definitely helped with that me but I'd much rather eat the food I'm eating now and stop the weighing and measuring if I can stay in control.  I still have about 40 lbs to lose to get to goal weight -- but I think my happy weight may be 20 lbs away.  I'm still working on shifting to how I feel and not what I weigh - a work in progress!

I have a vacation planned at the end of March where I don't plan to go crazy but there are mai tais in my future.  I think I may do another whole30 starting in mid April.

Lynne

Archived