Cole slaw dressing

Katoo

I've tried a few recipes, but what I love is a sweet, tangy, creamy slaw, so last night I experimented. Using an immersion blender, I started out making a classic mayo. Instead of lemon juice, I used 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 pineapple juice. It wasn't much juice at all. I chopped up some fresh dill and threw it in, a bit of dry mustard, salt, and an egg yolk, and whirred it together, and proceeded to add light olive oil slowly to emulsify. Tasting it, I stirred in two teaspoons of prepared (compliant) horseradish. Stirred it into shredded red cabbage and carrots.

It was delicious, so I thought I'd share.

>Using an immersion blender

>proceeded to add light olive oil slowly 

Most people find with an immersion blender you don't need to do the "add slowly" part: you just put all the oil in, put the blender head at the bottom of the jar (don't turn it on yet), then turn it on and let it blend for a few seconds to get the emulsification started, then lifti it upwards while continuing to blend.

I wasn't sure if the pineapple juice would mess with the emulsion, so I took it slowly. I also wasn't sure how much oil I'd need, but it was just like mayo, so I'll know for next time. It was really tasty.

Archived