Starting March 14

eyeesha

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

afterwards a quick breakfast with eggs & bacon/prosciutto (plus some nuts for fat, as I don't have avocado here yet). 

Bacon is a fat source on Whole30 :-)

Also, don't forget your veggies - aim for 1-3 cups at every meal with 3 being optimum!

Best of luck to you all!! 

March 14 is my Day 1.  I have had too many attempts to complete 30 days, but I have been feeling awful lately and realize how much better I feel while eating whole30.  One of these days, I will complete 30 consecutive days with proper reintroduction.  

I also started today 14th. What did others have for breakfast? Frying eggs and onions for the frittata made me feel nauseous.

I've also given up tea and coffee. Only drink take-out coffee when at work anyway but I do like tea, but not with almond milk. I'm liking herbal tea so when the withdrawal headache goes, I don't think it will take me long to adjust.

Hi All,

Skye, hope you feel better soon !

For me day 3 is finished.. Still feeling fine, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Must admit I am still drinking my normal dose of espresso (never use sugar/milk).. You guys think its better to cut it down? Does not seem the guidelines are very specific about it, anyone knows if there is anything in the whole30book?

My breakfast was left over grilled veggies with left over grilled chicken.. I ate it cold from the fridge, not the best ever.. But I am not a morning person at all, and every additional minute in bed is worth it ;)

I just made a batch of spicy tuna cakes (from 'om nom paleo'), which I am planning to eat for breakfast with some salad tomorrow morning.. They smell awesome :)

Poor Skye, feel better!

I originally had a HARD time with the no sugar added coffee. I forced myself to drink it with coconut cream (a great substitute), but I found myself really spending too much energy being angry about the lack of sugar, so I finally just gave up the coffee completely. I now drink a ginger kombucha (great for the gut) or have a low-sodium V-8 (loaded w potassium) with my brekkie. Luckily, spring has already started here, so I don't miss a warm beverage in the morning. Apparently the main attraction for me was a warm, sweet beverage.

Y'all hang in there!

I also started today 14th. What did others have for breakfast? Frying eggs and onions for the frittata made me feel nauseous.

I've also given up tea and coffee. Only drink take-out coffee when at work anyway but I do like tea, but not with almond milk. I'm liking herbal tea so when the withdrawal headache goes, I don't think it will take me long to adjust.

I made the recipe for eggs and veggies baked as muffins. That way I could make enough for multiple breakfasts. You can put whatever you want in it. It's sort of like a quiche with no cheese and no crust. http://paleogrubs.com/egg-muffin-recipes

Mine had ground hamburger, spices, onions and peppers. 

If you don't like that idea, there are tons of ideas on pinterest. You can even search for whole30 there and come up with a lot.

I had my organic decaf this morning with coconut milk (the culinary kind). It was ok. I might try a few more options (like coconut manna) but then maybe I should just learn to drink it black!

Day one has been easy for me, but maybe that's because I can still remember the breakfast buffet I went to yesterday :)

If you don't like that idea, there are tons of ideas on pinterest. You can even search for whole30 there and come up with a lot. )

Pinterest is great for finding recipes, but be sure to CHECK THE INGREDIENTS to make sure it's Whole30 compliant. A few of the ones listed as Whole30 actually aren't, which is disappointing.

Day1 for me also.

Drinks were the hardest for me today. Black coffee was alright, but not that warm sweet cup of goodness I look forward to in the morning. Might need to try some of the approved additions, though coconut milk doesn't sound very appealing.  And I missed my diet coke at lunch, but alas.  So far so good!

Day1 for me also.

Drinks were the hardest for me today. Black coffee was alright, but not that warm sweet cup of goodness I look forward to in the morning. Might need to try some of the approved additions, though coconut milk doesn't sound very appealing.  And I missed my diet coke at lunch, but alas.  So far so good!

coconut oil whizzed in coffee is brilliant I had to stop drinking it because I wanted it everyday! As an occasional treat I love it but if you have no problems with adrenals or are having trouble getting all the required fat in, it is excellent.

I'm alive. Ok, barely. But better than yesterday... Was in bed at 6 pm and slept until 8am this morning... 

I really didn't think that the migraines would hit me already the first day - but I knew they were coming. I always have this when I go on a sugar detox, but normally only after Day3 or so. No idea if it was the weather change (we had beautiful spring weather yesterday and snow today) or really the change in my diet. Anyway, I simply have to sit it out and hope that it stops before I'm running out of meds. :(

The problem I have in this situation is to keep food down. At the moment I'm drinking water with a sip of multivitamin juice (to flavour it - no sugar in the multivit juice). But the moment I'm opening the fridge I'm ready to throw up. I'll just see how it goes and try to maybe have at least some prosciutto - eggs make me nauseous right now.

My mealplan went down the drain as well. I managed to cook the proscuitto frittata muffins as planned yesterday, but then didn't eat any in the end. My boyfriend tried them but wasn't too impressed either.  :unsure:

The first try with Whole30 mayo was disgusting. I used half light tasting olive oil and half avocado oil, but it was just tasting oily as hell. I need to try another combination today, this time with more neutral sunflower oil. (I've been googling and I've seen an official whole30 post that it's approved in mayo, so let's hope this will be better.) Additionally I also need to make a batch of ranch dressing for dinner tonight. I really hope it tastes a little bit better than the mayo, as otherwise my poor boyfriend has to try frozen pizza again. (He refuses to do a whole30, but would eat dishes that he likes though.)

I really hope my head clears up soon as I'm really struggling to even stand upright at the moment and can't think about cooking right now. The only good thing is, that I'm not hungry at all - but nevertheless, I need to get some lunch and dinner ready at some point. (Giving up is not an option as I'm doing this to get rid of the migraines for good - so I have to somehow keep going. But I would love to have somebody helping me with the cooking right now... Anyway, that's not going to happen, so I need to get my act together. I'll try to rest for two more hours now - it's 10am and at least the kitchen is cleaned up & the dogs have been outside - and after that I need to get back to preparing all the food for the rest of the day.)

How's everybody else doing? 

It's 1pm and I haven't eaten anything since breakfast yesterday. It's not that I crave anything uncompliant - I just feel sick whenever I think about food.

Not sure if I should continue, I haven't expected things to go that badly. Especially as I've been cutting out soda and sweets (plus alcohol) for nearly a month already...

I know I need to be in the kitchen right now to prepare food (mayo, ranch plus dinner) but I just feel horrible.

No idea how I should survive crossfir plus that important job interview tomorrow - all I want right now is to curl up in bed.

Sorry for whining... (Off to take the dogs out for a walk now. One thing I definitely must do right now, no matter how I feel.)

I started my first whole30 March 13th.  Pretty irritable last night (end of day 2) and went to bed and woke this morning with a headache. It was nice to have breakfast already made this morning. Sweet potato crust quiche with chicken apple sausage and tons of vegetables...I made it on day 1 and will eat for quick breakfast all week .  I've found I enjoy an afternoon snack of banana, mixed with almond butter, coconut flakes and cashews. Although I don't enjoy feeling crummy at least I know it's working. Good luck everyone!

Stick it out Missy, I'm suffering a lot as well...

Been taking some more meds this afternoon and that got me functioning again. Managed to give the mayo a second try (much better with sunflower oil!) and also prepared a batch of ranch (like that a lot more, so I'll turn the mayo into ranch as well tomorrow).

Buffalo chicken salad for dinner tonight (that's what I needed the ranch for). Chicken and potatoes in the oven, rocket salad prepared and just waiting for everything to be finished.

Plus I resisted chocolate :) (Bought an Easter bunny for my boyfriend as an apology for messing up the planned dinner yesterday and resisted having parts of it, even as he wanted to share the chocolate with me. *yay*)

skye2977 - would love to know what recipe you're using for ranch dressing.  I'm always playing around with that to find something that works for me.  Would you mind sharing?

Making it through day 2 ok.  Fighting a migraine today - don't think it's related to any of this.  Finally getting control of that.  That should make the rest of my day go better.

Archived