Starting March 14

eyeesha

. I found an app called my Paleo Pal & it's helped me A LOT!! You can set the feed to Whole30 & you post pics of all your meals & snacks. !!

I can't seem to find that app for my iPhone....do you have iPhone or Android? If it's iPhone, would you mind posting a link or screenshot? Thanks!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't seem to find that app for my iPhone....do you have iPhone or Android? If it's iPhone, would you mind posting a link or screenshot? Thanks!

Oops never mind, I found it!  I was looking on my iPad but I guess it's just for the phone.  Thanks for the tip, I just downloaded it!

Day 15!!! How is everyone doing?? I think the people I work with are finally starting to understand my Whole30 journey...

I feel like I've lost some weight since I'm able to fit into clothes I haven't been able to wear (comfortably) for about the last 6 months.

My guy has been great - he keeps telling me how proud he is of me - that I have stayed the course...

I'm starting to think I may continue this after the 30 days are up...

Hi everyone!  That's great Trc0684, sounds like you are really seeing results!  I don't feel like I'm any thinner...some stomach bloat gone but clothes don't feel different.  But, I am hoping the results start kicking in this week.  I decided I am going for a Whole60...I'm going away on May 14 and May 13 is 60 days....no reason I can't keep going until then.  Just wish I would feel thinner already!  Energy level is pretty good but nothing dramatic.

Have a great day!!

I was feeling so strong... but my old habits ended up getting me. Looks like I made it a Whole15, or maybe a Half30. Candy addict that I am, it was the unguarded bowl of cadbury mini eggs in the break room that got me. I was feeling overconfident and hung around them too long. And then once I blew it, I didn't stop there. But it's ok, I learned some things and will try again. 

I was feeling good, and that is something to remember. My joint pain was (is) gone and I was feeling energetic. I still am, but for how long? 

Hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

Best of luck to the rest of you. Keep up the good work... it will pay off!

• Moderators

Hi everyone!  That's great Trc0684, sounds like you are really seeing results!  I don't feel like I'm any thinner...some stomach bloat gone but clothes don't feel different.  But, I am hoping the results start kicking in this week.  I decided I am going for a Whole60...I'm going away on May 14 and May 13 is 60 days....no reason I can't keep going until then.  Just wish I would feel thinner already!  Energy level is pretty good but nothing dramatic.

Have a great day!!

Depending on where 'away' is and what you think the food situation will be, you may want to leave yourself some time to do re-introductions so you have a good baseline of what things are worth it and what things are going to potentially ruin this 'away' time.

Hey, you know what they say about falling off a horse... ;)

This W30 is an individual journey of discovery for us all which is about much more than just food. Detouring off track is part of that journey but you are still on it none-the-less. I know I wont be ready to end my own journey in 10 days time as I've still so much to learn. Keep in touch :)

Excited to be 20 days in! Feeling great most of the time and learning so much about how my body reacts to the food I eat. Made a huge mistake today. Compliant, but wrong for me. Was out shopping and ate a couple of dates to hold me over until I could get lunch prepared. So sweet I checked the package multiple times for added sugar. Just couldn't believe something natural could be THAT sweet. Wow!! Lesson learned. Have felt sluggish all afternoon and now have a headache. Hope everyone is doing great. Just a few more days. How many of you are continuing after the initial 30 days?

Wow, dates are DANGEROUS! Thanks for the warning. I'm planning on continuing, to be honest I feel a bit scared about stopping. I'm also learning a lot but feel I'm still in the infant stages of my own particular journey. No Tiger blood yet but I guess it's all relative... I'm definitely better in the mornings, I am now sometimes up 1 hour before my alarm goes off instead of lying in bed for 1 hr after and I've never been a morning person.

How are others doing?

Hi all! Still doing well, staying on track. Cravings were pretty bad this weekend, not sure why, but I successfully held them off. Still not feeling much weight loss and I'm a bit discouraged. I have seen several people post that they only started feeling it in the last week of a W30 and then the weight started melting off....fingers crossed I'm one of those people though I'm not too optimistic anymore. Maybe it's my 30+ years of yo-yo dieting that is making my body stubbornly hold on to this fat. In any case, I'm going to keep going for a Whole60 (or maybe 50 to leave time for reintroduction before a business trip). I'm still enjoying the food so no need to stop now, right? Right!

Energy level is good...nothing dramatic but steady throughout the day.

Here's to a successful final stretch of the first 30!

I know what you mean about being scared to go off of the whole30, but in their book It's All About Food, they give a doable schedule for reintroducing that I think I'll plan on following. The first day try some type of dairy at each of your three meals. Back to whole30 the next day & see how you feel & they encourage you to give it a few days & then maybe try some gluten whole grains on the 4th day in the same way. It's a slow & deliberate process. No rushing. Gives you a chance to fully see how your body reacts.

Of course I'm planning on keeping the sugar to an absolute minimum. Heaven knows that is my Achilles heel:)

I feel good, but I would agree with several of you, that there's no tiger blood yet, but I know my body is changing. Clothes feel different & I like that feeling of maintaining a healthy diet.

day 24! Craving something sweet today (and yesterday) but managed to resist. Sugar dragon obviously not slayed yet. Most stores here are still selling Cadbury's mini eggs and hot cross buns. I swear that I can smell chocolate when I enter the supermarket. I want to continue W30 after day 30 but need to plan slow reintro of some food groups towards end of next 30 days or I am likely to go madly off track and end up where I started.

So.....I've restarted my Whole30 after some not so great choices on day 27.... Funny thing is, I couldn't wait to get back to my clean eating...I've decided I'm going to just stick with this way of eating with a few modifications- almond milk coffee creamer (has cane sugar in it), gluten free bread (for an occasional piece of toast) and Jack & Coke (every now & then)... I'm ok with these few things.. I like the way I feel when I eat clean and I believe this will work for me. I no longer crave candy, soda or junk/fast food and to me that is a HUGE victory and I'm good with it.

Hi Trc0684, sounds like a good plan!

How did everyone do?  We made it to 30 days!  I didn't take any measurements or weigh today, mostly because I know I will be disappointed in the results and I'm going to keep going until 60 days.  I feel good, am happy about the NSVs, but I was doing this primarily for weight loss and I can feel from my clothes that there hasn't been much.  I've definitely lost some - but nothing like the dramatic results I see people reporting.  But hey, I'm 50 years old, and I'm trying to recover from a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and I'm sure that's a big factor in my body's resistance to giving up the fat.  It's only in the last week that my clothes have felt at all looser. So - today is day 31, onward and hopefully downward (on the scale)!  

Anyone else continuing?

I'm continuing. I lost 4lbs but think this was in the first 2 weeks as my clothes havn't felt any looser since then. I am also  very pleased that I can now say No to junk food.   Like you Trc0684, a major victory. I'm going to have a little less protein - I was having 2 big palm sized portions and think it's why I've not lost as much weight as I wanted to. Also going to be stricter about measuring the fat as I really don't have thumbs the size of a whole avocado.

Jenmidge, I suspect I need some portion control too to kick the weight loss into high gear.  I'm pretty sure my portions were bigger the first couple of weeks and I've been conscious about how much I'm eating now.  Have to be careful to eat as much as I NEED and not as much as I WANT simple because I like eating!  And this plan does make it easy to have smaller portions, because I'm rarely actually hungry except when it's mealtime.

I was making a lot of Whole30 recipes in the beginning which were great, but it makes it trickier to know how much protein, fat, veggies I'm getting with, say, a slice of buffalo chicken casserole.  Eating my protein/fat/veggies as separate items seems to make portion control clearer.  I think the other way is fine if your Whole30 goal is something other than weight loss.

Hoping the next 30 days will see a lot more weightloss for us both!

I'm on day 30 today so will update tomorrow. This last week I keep thinking I must be cheating as its been really easy. Perhaps my cravings are finally under control. I'm keen to see if anything is affecting me so I will be doing the reintroduction, but I plan to continue mostly this way of eating long term. Well done to everyone else who has made it through.

• Moderators

I'm continuing. I lost 4lbs but think this was in the first 2 weeks as my clothes havn't felt any looser since then. I am also  very pleased that I can now say No to junk food.   Like you Trc0684, a major victory. I'm going to have a little less protein - I was having 2 big palm sized portions and think it's why I've not lost as much weight as I wanted to. Also going to be stricter about measuring the fat as I really don't have thumbs the size of a whole avocado.

Haha.. thumb size is for liquid fats and mayo... avocado is 1/2-whole per serving... you can play around with reducing your meals somewhat if you think you've been way over doing it but pay attention to how your body feels and honor it... if you start being starving all the time, then ramp the intake back up... 

• Moderators

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who finished and all those who are going to continue on.

If you've finished and you're planning to do re-introductions, we ask that if you want your group to stick together someone make a re-intro thread in the After Whole30 section here  http://forum.whole30.com/forum/36-whole30-reintroduction/  and then you can discuss your intros... we try and keep those conversations off the main boards because it confuses new people who just come and read the last half dozen posts in a thread and see you eating cheese ;)

If you want me to make you a thread and post the link back here, let me know!

I really enjoyed my 30 days! I've eaten some awesome food, I'm sleeping better, and I just feel so much better. I lost 10 pounds and the coolest thing is the drop in my resting heart rate. I've been wearing a Fitbit for about a year. When I look back at my resting HR it has literally been all over the place from one day to the next. Now it's steady at about 61 and doesn't change from day to day (except for getting lower). I LOVE craft beer and I haven't even missed it. I'm hanging in for another 60 days and incorporating more exercise. Glad to hear everyone's good reports!

Archived