Leg Muscle Pain/Fatigue?

NinjaSarah

Hi. This is the start of day 10 of my first Whole30. Overall I've seen/experienced a Lot of good signs since starting. However, over the past few days I've noticed some serious muscle fatigue in my legs. My exercise "routine" is on hiatus at the moment, this is normally how my legs feel the day after a short run (new to running, so I don't go for Miles :)) I walk or bike to work everyday, but even with a trip home for lunch that's only a mile tops for the day. (And I've noticed that one pesky hill doesn't leave me winded as it has in the past, on the bike- so Yay!)

I've been keeping a food log for about a week, I think.

Just realized it's really an issue this morning when I had to stop for a moment half way of 4 flights of stairs, that I take all the time at work, because my thigh felt like it was about to cramp. Not quite painful, but close.

So I thought I'd pop in and ask, anyone experience this? I know we're all different but.... And it's not worrisome enough at this point to attempt to talk to the doc :)

Sounds like how I felt during about day 6-12 of my W30. I think you'll find it's part of "carb flu". Try adding some carrots, sweet potatos or bananas, if you aren't eating them currently. It does go away, but was definately uncomfortable for a week or so.

Thanks. I've been eating at least a couple of servings of sweet potatoe or winter squash a day but I'll try adding the other 2.

I have been Feeling similar after 3 weeks with no grains or sugar and decided to have blood work done just to see where I was. I found out my ferritin was really low at 9, which is iron stores. So, I'm taking an iron supplement. It sheds light on why I am winded climbing stairs and pooped out after running 3-4 miles. Looking forward to feeling really great with normal iron levels and good food!

Archived