Still having belly problems and wondering if I am eating too much?

So  I am either not losing as much weight as I thought I would or am just still bloated from eating lots of veggies. I am still having gas and weird digestion stuff. Is this normal this late in the program?

Also, I wonder if I am eating too much fat and starch?

Here is a typical day"

bf:

3-4 eggs

half an avacado

1-2 cups roasted vegtables

or a sweet potatoe

almond milk latte

lunch:

apple with tablespoon almond butter

4 oz pork loin

Half sweet potatoe

Dinner
Salmon
sweet potatoe

Hey there

Sorry to here you're still feeling bloated.... Can you elaborate a little more on the vegetables you are eating other than the sweet potato?

I feel like I say this constantly but since I speak from experience I know that high FODMAP foods can cause this. The sweet potato, apple, almond milk/butter & avocado would fall into that category but if we knew what else you are eating it could be something completely different.

I have been prepping food on the weekend and that eat it thruout the week and it has been:

Eggplant, bell peppers, sweet potatoe, brussle sprouts, cauliflower, red potatoes, broccoli

I also have been eating some banannas and larabars.

thanks

I've highlighted the high FODMAPs in what you've listed (the larabars contain dates & almonds)

That said, cauliflower, broccoli & sprouts are all cruciferous veg which are also known to be problematic.

I'd maybe start cutting out the cruciferous veg first (since it's a smaller group) along with any nuts/nut butters (which are notoriously hard on the digestive system) and if there is no improvement then move onto eliminating FODMAPs.

As an aside the fact that you're eating larabars tells me your meals most likely aren't big enough - snacking will also effect long term results.

Wow that is like everything I eat. what can I eat? 

Tomatoes, peppers, spinach, kale, bok choi, cucumbers, zucchini, scallions, white potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, aubergines, green beans, plantains, rutabaga, pickles.....

Berries, cantaloupe, kiwi, honeydew melon, rhubarb, oranges, pineapple, passionfruit.... 

And those are just some of the low FODMAP options!!!

If your problem is limited to cruciferous veg then you can add in mushrooms, leeks, onions, artichokes, celery, beetroot, pumpkin, apples, grapes, mango, cherries, peaches and all sorts of other things.

Nuts should always be eaten in moderation, regardless.

That's just off the top of my head.......

Try to focus on the vast array of foods you CAN have rather then the few that you can't.

ETA: You might find this article/traffic light chart helpful......

Archived