Reintroduction - Paleo type foods

Hi all:

Day 30 for me tomorrow and I'm thinking of doing a SLOW reintroduction. Before I begin on the reintroduction journey, I'm wondering how I should categorize a Paleo type pancake w/fruit compote on a reintro? Would it still be considered W30 if it's all compliant ingredients? Would it fall under the guidelines of reintroduction. I'm thinking of moving toward a Paleo/W30 type eating plan as I think that may be best for me.

Thanks for your advice.

bebeaccia

• Moderators

Our rules say very clearly that compliant ingredients do not make a pancake Whole30-compliant. Paleo pancakes are low nutrition junk food. The problem with them is they crowd nutrient dense food off your plate. You are unlikely to get an upset stomach from eating them, but you are slipping away from optimal eating for your health when you go down that road. 

It's not compliant, so if you're adding it you're doing a Reintroduction as you're no longer doing a Whole30.

If you want to do SWYPO as a Reintroduction, you should probably do it before any other Reintroductions, but like the others, you may need a few days of compliant eating to get back to where you were. SWYPO can have side effects.

Keeping in mind with all compliant ingredients, the reactions you are looking for are healthy vs non-healthy response to foods, so you might wake the sugar dragon, be hungry in between meals, feel tired, suddenly become obsessed with a food you haven't even thought of for 30 days, etc. Non-template meals (which almost all SWYPO dishes are) can change hormones and leave you feeling hungry or tired, including disrupting sleep.

It's not compliant, so if you're adding it you're doing a Reintroduction as you're no longer doing a Whole30.

If you want to do SWYPO as a Reintroduction, you should probably do it before any other Reintroductions, but like the others, you may need a few days of compliant eating to get back to where you were. SWYPO can have side effects.

Keeping in mind with all compliant ingredients, the reactions you are looking for are healthy vs non-healthy response to foods, so you might wake the sugar dragon, be hungry in between meals, feel tired, suddenly become obsessed with a food you haven't even thought of for 30 days, etc. Non-template meals (which almost all SWYPO dishes are) can change hormones and leave you feeling hungry or tired, including disrupting sleep.

This makes total sense. Thank you all for your response. The last thing I want to do after experiencing the W30 is to reawaken the sugar dragon. I'm not sure about what SWYPO is, so will read up on that today. Thank you again.

Thanks again folks. I read about the "sex without your pants on"... that was not at all what I thought that acronym was going to be...lol. Thanks again. I will certainly reconsider adding back those types of items during the reintroduction phase of the program. Day 31 tomorrow....

Archived