day two -feeling a little nauseous

Yesterday I think I ate enough, mostly fruits, nuts, leftover meats during the day, a can of tuna as a snack,  and mustard chicken with onions for dinner.

Then this morning I had a portion of the shepherds pie which is a recipe from the book.

Yesterday I think I ate enough, mostly fruits, nuts, leftover meats during the day, a can of tuna as a snack,  and mustard chicken with onions for dinner.

Then this morning I had a portion of the shepherds pie which is a recipe from the book.

This doesn't sound like nearly enough to me. Fruits should be limited to 1-2 fist sized servings per day - with or as part of a meal. The fact that you needed that snack kind of confirms my suspicion!

Have you seen the recommended meal template? Your body could well be playing nutritional catch up.... Eat up!!

I hadn't seen the meal template, thanks for sharing it. That seems like so much food! And so much fat! I guess I'm off to stock up on avocados and coconut flakes today. It'll take some getting used to, but I think I can do it, I just have to wrap my head around it. 

Hey Sarah,

I am currently on my 3rd Whole30 since 2012. I often experience nausea in the first couple days of a Whole30 and (for me at least) it doesn't necessarily have to do with not eating enough. Though I agree that your list of food doesn't look like  a lot to me either.

I believe mine personally has to do with my especially huge and wrathful Sugar Dragon. I usually allow myself more fruit in the first couple of days for this reason, because it can help to settle my stomach as I get used to what I'm eating. I also highly suggest drinking lots and lots of peppermint tea (or putting mint in your water) since it has stomach-soothing properties. Sometimes just more water in general helps me with the nausea. Best of luck!

I hadn't seen the meal template, thanks for sharing it. That seems like so much food! And so much fat! I guess I'm off to stock up on avocados and coconut flakes today. It'll take some getting used to, but I think I can do it, I just have to wrap my head around it. 

Just making sure you didn't think you needed to eat all the types of fat listed at each meal.  Choose one or two fat sources at each meal.  Generally, you don't count cooking fat because most of it stays in the pan.

Hi Star, thanks. I wonder though, can our bodies really start detoxifying after only one day? I mean, I've had days in the past in my life where I've eaten very little or even nothing but I didn't feel nauseous, why now? Maybe because I've never tried before to keep the junk out. I can't remember ever being so vigilant about sugar, for example. Maybe thats it.

My hubby and I are both doing this. We are on day 2 today, but started feeling nauseous last night. We are both relieved to see this seems to be a normal occurrence on day 2. We are following the seven day meal plan for the first week in the book, so we know we are eating enough.

However, we are also slightly embarrassed to say we binged really bad the night before our first day (day 0). We were at a party that night and our friends would bring over cake, wine, etc., and tell us..."better enjoy this tonight cause you don't get it tomorrow!" Consequently we had lots of bad food the night before so the nausea is our bodies way of "payback" for that probably. I hope this passes soon, not a fun day!

Archived