What's for dinner today?

Derval

I made an omelette with cabbage, pak choi & carrot cooked in coconut oil and some yummy king prawns. It was supposed to be seasoned with Chinese 5 spice but on inspection the seasoning mix in my cupoboard had sugar and vegetable oil in it :( so I used my galric & red pepper grinder instead. Not chinese in the end but pretty tasty.

Asian beef lettuce wraps from the nom nom paleo site....we're three for three so far on recipes from her! However, check to see if it's whole30 compliant. I am doing a basic 30 day paleo challenge but not the whole 30. She's good at offering alternatives on her recipes for whole30 folks.

• 1 month later...

Tonight I made a crock pot roast. Threw in some onions, a jalapeno, cumin, chilil powder and some salt and pepper. I snuck a taste and it is yummy! I'm making spaghetti squash to go with it for lack of a better idea and an overabundance of squash in the house. Will steam some brocolli for something green.

I'm making Country Captain from health-bent.com with some sauteed spinach. Yum!

I had never heard of this before your post. We had it for dinner last Thursday and it was excellent!

Last night I made the Ginger-Grilled Lime Shrimp from Well Fed. Except after mincing the ginger I forgot to put it in!! So we had garlic-limi-chili shrimp. Still good but I will have to try again WITH ginger. :D

last night, best meal yet: "fried rice" adapted from nom nom paleo and wrapperless gyoza with bok choy and broccolini.... SO GOOD, all the fresh ginger. I was really surprised and how good the coconut aminos are and it took my husband three bites to realize it was NOT rice, but cauliflower (he was on his third bite and said WHAT ARE YOU DOING hahahaha, he thought I had given up!).

I'm going to make a recipe I learned in Guam - Tinaktak!

Fun to say, fun to eat!

My coworkers at the University of Guam told me it was 'Chamorro hamburger helper'.....

brown some gf Ground Beef with chopped onion, garlic and ginger

(the ginger is important for giving that tropical flavor!)

Add some chopped and blanched green beans

Add a can of coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes to thicken

Add a couple of chopped tomatoes and salt/pepper as needed

They served over rice, but I just eat it in a bowl like a stew or curry!

Archived