What does your gluten sensitivity look like?

Mason

I would love to hear any thoughts on people's experiences with gluten sensitivity and how long it takes to start feeling these. I recently had half a tuna sandwich with buttered toast (first time for bread and dairy since my Whole30) and 1 hour later, i was bloated, had gas and was really uncomfortable. I screwed up my re-introduction (better luck next time!) so I'm not sure which was the culprit. Would love to hear any thoughts!

Thank you

• Moderators

Two thoughts. 1) Your symptoms sound more like gluten than dairy. 2) Your symptoms may be different from others. The reason we coach you to take reintroductions seriously is that you can't read a list of symptoms others have had and understand how you might react to gluten or dairy or both. 

Personally I would guess gluten over the dairy, but also for me, gluten impact is much worse if I combine it with dairy.

You really need to Reintroduce them separately, as the Reintroductions roll through, if you have a reaction you want to be able to tell what it is.

Gluten symptoms can be very varied.  I sometimes notice bloating right away, sometimes headache and nausea and sometimes just a little stomach discomfort.  Usually my worst symptoms are 2 days later with fatigue and return of joint pain.  Constipation usually lasts several days.  Hope this helps.

Archived