Hunger

I am currently on day 45 of what will be either a whole60 or 90. I have seen some great improvement on some chronic pain issues, but feel as if there is still work to do. I might consider AIP. Anyway, I am having a hard time making it 4-5 between meals without overwhelming hunger. I usually eat at or above the template (is it bad to eat above the template?) and I have a hard time feeling and staying full/satisfied. And am I eating too many starchy veg? I didn't realize carrots counted as a starchy vegetable.

Here is a couple of days worth of meals:

M1: 2 eggs scrambled with leftover beef hash made w/purple potatoes, zucchini, onions; homemade guacamole, handful of baby carrots

Coffee with collagen and coconut cream

M2: about 4 cups roasted veggies (butternut squash, onions, kale,asparagus, mushrooms) topped with roasted salmon (2 palms worth) diced tomatoes, drizzle of Tessamae's southwest ranch, about 10 blueberries, couple of bites of sweet potato

M3: compliant chicken sausage, 1/4 avocado, banana peppers

M4: chicke lettuce wraps (2 palms of protein), mash sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli and artichoke (2ish cups), 1/2 avocado

Today:

M1: 2 fried eggs, palm of leftover pork roast, 2 cups mix veg (sweet potato, artichoke, onion, tomato), 1/2 avocado

M2: 4 ish cups roasted veg (onion, pepper, brussel sprouts, artichoke, kale, tomatoes, butternut squash) topped with leftover pork roast 1 1/2 Palm) Tessamae's dressing, handful of baby carrots

M3: leftover kids smoothie (blueberry, banana, avocado, chia, collagen, mango -1/2 cup), 3 shrimp drizzled w/olive oil, cucumbers

M4: (planned) steak and shrimp kabobs w/homemade chimichurri, roasted sweet potato, asparagus, zucchini, guacamole

• Moderators

Your meals look good.

It is okay to eat above template guidance as long as the meals remain balanced. So if you eat 3 palm-size portions of protein, make sure that is with more veggies too. 

You may need to eat 4 times per day if you are up for long hours or are very active. I ate 4-6 meals per day for at least my first year. I might not have needed to eat so many meals if I learned about adding fat faster than I did. If you were eating little bitty meals, I would tell you to eat more, but you are eating meals of respectable size. In your situation, eating another meal is perfectly acceptable. 

You might want to look at ways to incorporate more fat into your meals although I don't see anything wrong with what you are already doing. I have found that chicken does not keep me satisfied as long as beef or lamb, even if I am eating dark meat. You might look at moving to fattier cuts of meat and adding even more fat with mayo, avocado, olives, or coconut milk. 

Yes, I do exercise. Walking, body weight exercises and some yoga. My heart rate barely gets elevated and I don't break a sweat. So, I have been unsure if I actually need pre/post wo meals. My workout is about an hour after my breakfast, and I might eat some carrots and a couple of bites of chicken after. Maybe this needs some tweaking.

Archived