Hoping for stress/anxiety to dissipate with the Whole30

I am a 40 "something"  mother with 5 kids, The last 4 months I have encountered anxiety and stress related feelings like never before, and recently was turned towards the whole30 by a friend that had similar issues. I am hoping that this new way of eating and living will help my mind free up. I am on day 6, I know its not an overnight fix, just hoping i am not alone :)

Hey muddpies  :) 

Be sure to include at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg per day as this is known to help with anxiety/mood - you may find that you need more.

You might also want to focus on including some oily fish a few times a week as it will also help greatly with mood, & cognitive function - it's like nature's happy pill.

Welcome to Whole30!

If you have any upcoming blood tests, you may also want to be checked for MTHFR (it's a once in your life test) as it has strong links with anxiety (as does gluten).

Keeping a food log along with how you're feeling is a really good idea, handy for things like starch levels :)

• 3 weeks later...

muddpies,

I have been on meds for generalized anxiety and depression for almost 20 years. I am on day 10 and feel better (mentally) then I ever remember. In fact, with my doctors approval, I have dropped my meds by 1/3.

Archived